Powering our sustainable future, together
We live in an era where electric mobility is "the new normal". Whereas over the past decade, electric vehicles were only for the few, today they are for everyone. Welcome to the Electric Era. Enter EVBox.
Founded in 2010, EVBox empowers forward-thinking businesses to build a sustainable future by providing flexible and scalable electric vehicle charging solutions. With its offering of residential, commercial, and fast charging stations, as well as scalable charging management software, EVBox ensures that electric mobility is accessible to everyone.
We believe in a future where daily transportation is emission-free and sustained by smart charging infrastructure. That's why we've made it our goal to accelerate the adoption of electric mobility by bringing the most accessible and scalable charging solutions to the world. However, the transition from gas to electric cars will change a great deal of what we know about transportation.
The growth and success of EVBox is riven by the passion and dedication of everyone in the company. Today, EVBox has grown into an international team across multiple offices in Europe and the United States, with hundreds of driven professionals coming from different walks of life working for us.
About the Team
As Manager of Services, North America, your primary responsibility will be to professionalize the North America Services team for EVBox Group. You will be accountable for setting up our new service operation and managing the supporting personnel to do so; while implementing process improvements when possible. For delivery practices, you will be accountable for ensuring quality delivery and on-time implementations of the software and hardware services, as well as ensuring timely and quality supporting services are provided to customers and partners, while managing the North America services P&L, and SLA targets. You will also be responsible for people leadership for our in-field technicians, in addition to the supporting network to best serve our partners for our growing network of assets across North America.
About the role
Practice and Department Management
- Effective achievement of KPIs as defined for the Services organization.
- Reporting on progress of KPIs to General Management.
- Support practice development and key processes to maximize the creation of repeatable and expedited implementation solutions.
- Integrate industry knowledge into practical sales-related tactics, techniques and procedures to support the commercial teams on Services related scope, where needed.
- Ensure knowledge capture and transfer within the practice and among key departments in the development of "best-practices."
- Monitor team's job performance and provide coaching, counseling, and motivation to maximize practice performance.
- Recruit and hire employees who can help grow and drive the aftersales business strategy.
- Collaborate with other departments to improve Services offerings and overall customer satisfaction.
- Serve as the main contact for the customer on large or critical projects; maintain and grow relationships; act in the role of the "trusted advisor."
Customer Experience Leadership
- Ensure client satisfaction objectives are met.
- Project Execution: Drive quality and delivery as the main point of contact for internal and external partners.
- Project Reviews: Ownership of special projects and initiatives. Monitoring project health and measuring KPI's.
- Assist delivery specialists are creating project plans and managing project timelines, resources, budgets, and project deliverables.
Establishing North American Services Operation
- Professionalize customer service practice.
- Drive a successful Field service partner network and flying doctor team. Managing a remote team, as well as technicians in the field.
- Setup of knowledge center/management and self-service adopted to the US.
- Professionalize case management practices (salesforce tooling) to drive scalable, traceable support operations.
- Setup SOP's, and SLA's for service operations.
- Operationalize 'care' offerings -> extended warranty, preventative maintenance, and onsite troubleshooting service.
- Setup spare parts coordination and logistics for BL, Iqon and Tmod.
- Setup scalable operations for delivery 'care services'.
- Oversee service estimates, timelines, and SOW delegation.
Leadership and Team Management:
- Assist in implementing and executing structured performance objectives & leadership models.
- Create and promote a productive and enjoyable work environment and team culture.
- Maintain the region's focus on moving forward and continuous improvement.
- Implement and practice the EVBox Group values.
- Mentor and support direct reports
- Establish performance or growth plans for the team.
- Ensure timely and effective performance evaluations are being completed.
- Assist in resolving performance issues.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
- 5-8 years experience in Customer Service and/or Operations oriented roles
- At least 2 years of management experience in a technical service/support role a strong plus
- Experience in the EV industry / electrical industry is a strong plus
- Good understanding of customer support/service operations (case management tools and processes)
- Experience with embedded C, scripting languages, JSON, XML is a strong plus
- Ability to exert up to 50lbs of force occasionally and/or up to 20lbs of force to constantly move objects.
- Ability to remain standing and/or walking for an extended period of time.
- Must have near visual acuity (corrected) color vision, mobility, bending, standing, stooping, and finger dexterity."
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Ability to influence and collaborate with remote teams, including senior leadership
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Knowledge of EV and/or charging market is a strong plus
- Strong Excel knowledge; particularly with reporting and scheduling
- Knowledge of embedded systems, firmware and M2M communication standards and platforms
- Working knowledge of Salesforce
- Experience with managing teams in a scale up environment is strongly preferred.
- Leadership skills (proven track record)
- Must have demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills utilizing creativity and innovation.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality and customer satisfaction
What to expect from us
At EVBox, we believe that when people feel valued and rewarded, they can reach their full potential. That's why we offer competitive salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always has a positive impact on performance. Furthermore, our benefits offering includes health and wellbeing, insurance benefits, retirement programs, as well as service awards—not to mention various social and recreational activities, some of which are location specific.
Globally, we offer the following benefits as standard:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401K match program
- WFH allowance for the days you work from home
- WFH budget to set up a home office
- Annual Personal Development budget to be spent on external courses/trainings
- Commuting allowance
- Lease cars (only for certain roles)
- Quarterly team building budget available
- Leadership coaching and training
- Employee Assistance Program, where you can reach out anonymously to professionals who can help you with personal and/or work-related problems
- Online training courses offered (currently through Coursera)
- Support for mental health and wellbeing
- Referral program
- Company contribution to ClassPass subscription (upcoming)
- Volunteering day time off
- Company gatherings and social committee
Are you passionate about the EV industry? Do you have an interest in renewable resources, new sustainable technologies, and clean future-proof products? Our growth and success are driven by the passion and dedication of everyone here at EVBox.
We're not looking for you to tick all the boxes we listed above. What matters most is that we share the same values, passion and work ethic. Don't let the imposter syndrome get in the way of a great career move and apply—we'd love to hear from you.
Across our 8 locations, more than 700 EVBoxers work together to provide electric vehicle charging solutions that help businesses move forward. Are you ready to join them? Hit apply. Want us to know why you're interested—a short cover letter always helps!
At EVBox, we are committed to a non-discriminatory approach, providing equal opportunity for employment and advancement in all our teams and programs. We believe in an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace where all employees, no matter their gender, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education or disability, feel valued and respected. We respect and value diverse life experiences, heritages and ensure that all voices are heard.Where possible, we provide accommodations for people with disabilities to support your participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.
Do you want to get to know us even better? Then pay a visit to our Career page, blog or check out our social media channels: LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read about how EVBox processes your personal data here.
Know someone at EVBox?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position.
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.