Support Engineer (DC)
30+ days ago
We're looking for a Technical Support Specialist to join our team in France or remotely. To be successful in this role you should be passionate about providing a high level of technical support across a wide array of complex issues for our DC product line. This includes reliably delivering and ensuring proper support and development of technical competencies of our partners, providing the right level of visibility on support issues and resolution time. You will follow up on hot and cold loops, document work streams and provide feedback on issues.
Want to help create a sustainable future of transportation that's better for everyone? If yes, then take a look at what your role with us will entail.
We empower forward-thinking businesses to build a sustainable future by providing flexible and scalable electric vehicle charging solutions.
You'll be contributing to the way our innovative charging solutions are designed, built, and maintained. At every stage, our solutions need to be in peak condition to make electric mobility easy and affordable for businesses and drivers around the world.
A bit about the team and role:
As a Technical Support Engineer you are either based in the Essen office or work remotely from home. You will be part of the Second Line Support team that is responsible for supporting questions raised by our Partners and installation Partners. This includes resolving complex issues, escalating the issues with proper documentation to our Level 3 teams and coordinating corrective and preventive action plans and taking care of the necessary organization..
Your day will start off with a daily team stand up. This is a good opportunity to update your workload and share information with the team. You will follow up on previous open tickets and any updates or resolutions. Then you hit the ticketing queue (Salesforce). You will ensure proper support and development of the technical competencies of our partners and provide the right level of visibility on support issues and resolution time. You will follow up on hot and cold loops, document work streams and provide feedback on current issues. The team shares information across an online knowledge resource and communicates through Slack, which is a great tool for communicating with team members that sit across Europe. After the workday is over enjoy a cold one or two with your colleagues, maybe catch a match together. EVBoxers are passionate about the mission for a zero-carbon future and that's fun to be a part of!!
"I am part of a very reliable team - I know that whenever I need help, someone will always be there to support me and I am trying to do my best to make my colleagues feel the same way." – anonymous review in the yearly survey
Your main responsibilities will include, but aren't limited to:
- Support customer requests, questions and complaints via email and actively logging all your customer facing activities in our CRM system (Salesforce)
- Find the best solution for customer issues based on our knowledge base, decision trees and/or escalation to the right department (i.e. Technical Support, Finance, Spare Part team, Planning team, Service Partners)
- Create and/ or follow up on work orders for field dispatch from our field service partners
- Continuously improve our knowledge base and processes by documenting work instructions and / or answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- Review or make changes to customer account records when relevant
- Continuously and proactively provide input to our product/support knowledge team
- Ensuring proper escalation of issues and follow up
- Documenting and following up with technical incidents including providing feedback to the relevant teams internally
You'll be leaving your mark in this important field for a sustainable future.
What you'll bring to the team
Technical Skills/ Hard Skills
- Obtained a High School Diploma (and preferably also a degree in a technical environment)
- At least 2 year's experience in customer support or in a role with direct customer interaction (preferably within a technology, energy or automotive company)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (knowing other European languages is advantageous e.g. German, French and Flemish)
- Able to showcase critical thinking and provide internal feedback to our departments to improve processes
- Experience with or interest in the field of technology, mobility, clean-tech is preferred
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and keep overview when there are multiple customer requests
- Able to remain professional and courteous with customers at all times
- You characterize yourself as disciplined and structured
- You have an eye for detail and you feel it's your responsibility to notice the details
We want you to demonstrate
- Good understanding of customer support (telephony, case management tools and processes)
- Remotely perform analyses on the charging stations (analysis of downloaded logs or direct connection to the station),
- Knowledge of embedded systems, firmware and M2M communication standards and platforms
- Strong ability to translate findings into an organized set of steps and accountabilities
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Strong ability to create, coordinate and track internal processes.
Additional benefits we bring to the table
- Holiday Swap (2 days)
- Access to learning platforms and personal development budget
- Volunteer Day
- Work from anywhere for 2 weeks
- Work from home (even post-corona) + budget to set up your home office
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Due to legal requirements you must have a valid work permit.
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Ready to power our sustainable future? Hit apply.
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.