Solutions Engineer (French and English speaking)
30+ days ago
Following a strong growth in our activity, we are looking for a Solutions Engineer, based in Paris.
Want to help create a sustainable future of transportation that's better for everyone? If yes, read on to find out more!
We are the world leader in electric vehicle charging infrastructure and cloud-based charging management platforms. With more than 300,000 charging points installed worldwide, and more than 2,000 fast chargers in 70 countries, EVBox powers sustainable mobility by providing reliable charging solutions around the world.
In 2017, we were acquired by ENGIE and in 2018, we acquired the Bordeaux-based manufacturer of ultra-fast charging stations, EVTronic, adding 700 fast charging stations to our European network.
Today, with projects across Europe and America, we continue to improve the original recipe with a new generation of efficient, scalable and easy-to-use charging solutions.
For more information, visit Youtube at "EVBox 2020 Kick-Off"
What you'll be doing
In autonomy at the local level and within a team of 10 people at the Group level, your mission will be to ensure that EVBox products and services correctly meet the needs of French customers and that these products and services are correctly marketed (direct interaction with customers, in support of the local sales team or with partners) with all the necessary content and processes: pre-sales consulting, technical support to customers and partners (distribution, installation...) during the pre-sales phase and product demos.
Reporting to the EVBox France Director, your main responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
Pre-sales support & technical training
- Provide product and service advice to existing and new customers: present and articulate the benefits of all our charging stations and solutions to partners and customers
- Assist business development managers in developing technical solutions based on information provided by customers and partners, as well as preparing responses for major contracts and tenders
- Provide technical support to Business Development Managers during technical meetings with customers and partners
- Demonstrate products and services to customers
- Contribute to the development of new business proposals for each market segment
- Provide technical training to sales teams and partners
Launch new products
- Identify known needs and new requirements of the French market in terms of products and services and report them to R&D (regulatory monitoring, subsidies, customer usage)
- Inform partners, customers and sales team members about relevant issues and new releases
- Test new products before launch (make sure everything is ok in terms of training, documentation, subsidies, that it meets the French market requirements in an operational way) in connection with key partners
- Collaborate with the marketing team to prepare for new product launches
What you'll bring to the team
- 5 years of higher education in electronics, electrical engineering, electromechanics or mechatronics
- At least 3 years experience in a similar position or in the fields of technical customer support, technical product development or as a technical sales representative
- Any experience in the new technologies, automotive or eMobility industry
- You are open to the idea of travelling from time to time to customer sites, to our headquarters in Amsterdam or to our site in Bordeaux
We absolutely need your following technical skills:
- A good oral and written command of English
- Knowledge of electronic standards and principles
- Knowledge of electrical/electrotechnical standards and principles
- A good command of computers and office applications (pack office)
- Knowledge of log reading (ideally)
And because a position is also about using your behavioral skills, you will need your:
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Customer focus
- Ability to convince/persuade
- Ability to synthesize and your clarity
- Spirit of initiative
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
What it's like to work in Paris
Because working with us means starting a collaboration, the company offers you:
- Our friendly, entrepreneurial and collaborative work environment
- Interact with colleagues from all over the world in an international environment
- The opportunity to participate in an innovative product development project
- Modern premises in a dynamic co-working space to work in the best conditions (coffee is even offered!)
- An ideal location in the west of Paris, in Neuilly, metro Sablons (line 1)
- An onboarding to better understand the company's challenges and meet the teams
- Team-building events ✌
Your recruitment experience with us
- If your application is selected, you will have an initial telephone conversation with our Talent Acquisition Specialist
- And then? a technical interview with a Pre-Sales Engineer
- Then a new meeting with the EVBox France Director
- A final interview with a Head Office Manager
- If you pass all these steps, let's start your new adventure at EVBox!
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Ready to power our sustainable future? Then join us and apply!
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.