Senior Technical Support Engineer
27 days ago
We are looking for an AC Field Support Engineer to join our Support team. To be successful in this role you should be passionate about providing a high level of technical support for Charging Stations with a wide array of complex issues across our AC product line. You should be able to reliably deliver results and ensure proper support to our partners. For this role you will be traveling to our partners' locations in order to resolve on-site issues that cannot be solved remotely. You will also be responsible for handling escalations from our L2 support team. You will be located in France or near one of our Support hubs and you will be traveling within the EU up to 60% of the time.
You will be part of the Global On-site Support team that is responsible for supporting questions raised by our L2 AC Support Engineers. Your team is responsible for resolving the most complex issues from L2, escalating the issues with proper documentation to our L3 teams and coordinating corrective and preventive action plans with the L3 Engineering team. You will be the link between L2 and L3 and one of your main responsibilities will be implementing L3 knowledge at L2 by collaborating with the Training department and Knowledge Management. Additionally, you will be responsible for increasing the technical knowledge of L2 Engineers as well as ensuring that processes and procedures are always fully up to date.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Track concerns and tasks, and follow up on tickets in the available incident management system (Salesforce)
- Resolve complex issues on-site
- Assure that key escalations are resolved
- Perform root cause analysis on new issues faced
- Perform deep analyses of technical inquiries and provide feedback on hardware and firmware development
- Ensure proper escalation of issues and follow up
- Ensure that technical incidents are properly documented and followed-up on, including providing feedback to the relevant teams internally (i.e. Quality, Supply Chain, L3 Support, Project Management, Training and Knowledge Management)
You'll be leaving your mark in this important field for a sustainable future.
What you'll bring to the team
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (electrical engineering, electronics, mechanical engineering or similar)
- Fluency in English required. Another European language (French, German, Dutch, Norwegian, Spanish) is considered a plus
- At least 5 years of work experience in (technical) support roles (ideally within technology / energy / electrical / automotive companies)
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience working with hardware
- Any experience with cloud connected embedded systems, or programming / scripting languages (i.e. embedded C, JSON, XML) is advantageous (but not mandatory)
- Experience troubleshooting fieldbus systems (e.g. RS-485, CAN) is considered a plus.
- Good understanding of customer support / call center operations (telephony, case management tools and processes)
- Previous experience with ticketing systems is a must (e.g. Salesforce)
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Strong customer-centric mindset, willingness to help others
- Ability to influence and empathize with remote teams
- Certified in EN 50110-1 "Operation of electrical installations" on European Level or equivalent by country (e.g.: Netherlands: NEN 3140 ; Germany: DIN VDE 0105-100)
- Excellent verbal and written English
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.