Libertyville, IL, United States
24 days ago
We empower forward-thinking businesses to build a sustainable future by providing flexible and scalable electric vehicle charging solutions. As charging needs evolve, you'll be helping us to provide the infrastructure and expertise needed to make electric mobility the norm around the world.
We believe in a future where daily transportation is emission-free and sustained by smart charging infrastructure. That's why we've made it our goal to accelerate the adoption of electric mobility by bringing the most accessible and scalable charging solutions to the world. However, the transition from gas to electric cars will change a great deal of what we know about transportation. We're going to need EV charging infrastructure that is accessible, reliable, and future-proof.
Do you see yourself as truly passionate about the EV industry? Do you show affinity with renewable technologies and products? Then we might be looking for you! Our growth and success are driven by the passion and dedication of everyone here in the EVBox family.
About the role:
If you enjoy testing new products and validating them functionally, you could be well-suited to become our next tester. As a Test Technician at Libertyville, you'll be part of the production team that will test the next generation of EVBox electric vehicle AC and DC chargers. You will validate our products according to strict quality standards. As a tester you will receive on-the-job training to learn the specific processes and procedures for your role. If you've got the knowledge, excitement, and motivation to assist us in making the industry's best products while working for a company that's committed to your success and career satisfaction, we would like to make you part of the team.
- Testing products for safety, capacities, compliance, and performance.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to relevant stakeholders based on your findings..
- Train and coach new testers to ensure versatility in the production team.
- Communicate with management regarding any issues that arise during testing.
- Maintain, improve, and extend our testing systems and processes.
- Perform quality control checks on test equipment to ensure that it is operating correctly.
Job location: Full time on site at our Libertyville operations center.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years' experience as a production tester or a similar role.
- Ability to read schematics, diagrams, and follow written and verbal descriptions.
- Proficiency in testing procedures and protocols.
- Knowledge of testing equipment maintenance and storage procedures.
- Comfortable with industry-specific testing equipment and software.
- Problem-solving skills and decisive knowledge of appropriate testing methods.
- Experience with test execution, reporting and defect analysis. A fast learner
- Motivated to think logically and proactively
- Keen to continuously improve and prevent, as well as correct
- Confident communicating with and training your teammates
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of SAP as a production planning and administration tool
- Knowledge of AC and DC charging equipment / electric vehicle equipment
You'll be leaving your mark in this important field for a sustainable future.
Additional benefits we bring to the table
- 10 days of PTO
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Holiday Swap (2 days).
- Access to learning platforms and personal development budget.
- Volunteer Day.
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
What it's like to work at Libertyville office
We work together to power our sustainable future. Here's what drives us:
- Our friendly, entrepreneurial, and collaborative work environment
- Working to help grow one of the key regions in the US with your work
- Bringing new ideas that are always highly appreciated
- Interacting in an environment with colleagues from all over the world
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Ready to power our sustainable future? Hit apply.
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.