Libertyville, IL, United States
30+ days ago
We empower forward-thinking businesses to build a sustainable future by providing flexible and scalable electric vehicle charging solutions. As charging needs evolve, you'll be helping us to provide the infrastructure and expertise needed to make electric mobility the norm around the world.
We believe in a future where daily transportation is emission-free and sustained by smart charging infrastructure. That's why we've made it our goal to accelerate the adoption of electric mobility by bringing the most accessible and scalable charging solutions to the world. However, the transition from gas to electric cars will change a great deal of what we know about transportation. We're going to need EV charging infrastructure that is accessible, reliable, and future-proof.
Do you see yourself as truly passionate about the EV industry? Do you show affinity with renewable technologies and products? Then we might be looking for you! Our growth and success are driven by the passion and dedication of everyone here in the EVBox family.
Get to know the team
As a Test Technician at Libertyville, you'll be part of the development of our next generation of EVBox smart chargers. You will work with the teams that design, maintain and use the automated testing systems for our AC and DC charging products. You will help in hardware selection, architecture improvement, quality, and safety risk assessment and, in particular, the training of Testers in the team. You will be setting up (Hardware In the Loop) testing equipment, writing and debugging test scripts, developing repair protocols and in process quality control plans to ensure product compliance and optimized customer protection and satisfaction.
"People here are very bright and open. The industry we work in is so fresh, flexible and undefined. Especially in the Software space, where you can leave your footprint wherever you go." – Piotr, CTO Everon
What you'll be doing
You will work on You will focus on assembly of Electric Vehicle Charging Stations for our North American market.. You will work from our office in Libertyville and report to the Production Manager.
Your main responsibilities will include, but aren't limited to:
Perform complex and advanced assembly of products according to established specifications and instructions.
- Participate in development of test systems and processes for all products handled on site
- Create and maintain relevant technical documentation in the process flow (Test procedures, quality control plans, production Standard Operating Procedures, etc.)
- Execute tests, assess test results, and communicate findings to stakeholders
- Train and coach, the testers and ensure versatility in the production team
- Promote a right first-time approach with a quality objective
- Maintain, improve, and extend our testing systems and processes
- Contribute to best practices in the team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Follows quality service standards and complies with all procedures, rules and regulations
- Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines
You'll be leaving your mark in this important field for a sustainable future.
What you'll bring to the team
- ASEET or equivalent degree / equivalent work experience
- Ability to read schematics, diagrams, and follow written and verbal descriptions.
- Must be able to operate oscilloscopes, generators, meters, power supplies, test fixtures, and understands their use and function.
- Previous relevant test and diagnosis experience
- You're confident, collaborative, and keen to take ownership and set best practices
- Comfortable working in remote teams and coordinating and benchmarking with Group sites and suppliers
- You can work independently in an agile environment that prioritizes results over process
- Experience with test execution, reporting and defect analysis. A fast learner
- Preferred knowledge of SAP as a production planning and administration tool
- Preferred knowledge of AC and DC charging equipment/electrical vehicle equipment
Additional benefits we bring to the table
- 10 days of PTO
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Holiday Swap (2 days).
- Access to learning platforms and personal development budget.
- Volunteer Day.
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
What it's like to work at Libertyville office
We work together to power our sustainable future. Here's what drives us:
- Our friendly, entrepreneurial, and collaborative work environment
- Working to help grow one of the key regions in the US with your work
- Bringing new ideas that are always highly appreciated
- Interacting in an environment with colleagues from all over the world
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Ready to power our sustainable future? Hit apply.
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.