Senior Legal Counsel, US
Libertyville, IL, United States
30+ days ago
We believe in a future where daily transportation is emission-free and sustained by smart charging infrastructure. That's why we've made it our goal to accelerate the adoption of electric mobility by bringing the most accessible and scalable charging solutions to the world. However, the transition from gas to electric cars will change a great deal of what we know about transportation. We're going to need EV charging infrastructure that is accessible, reliable, and future-proof.
Do you see yourself as truly passionate about the EV industry? Do you show affinity with renewable technologies and products? Then we might be looking for you! Our growth and success are driven by the passion and dedication of everyone here in the EVBox family.
About the Role:
We're looking for a US Legal Counsel to assist the business in reviewing and negotiating commercial and supply chain contracts, and more generally support the Legal & Compliance team on different legal maters, with a focus on U.S. law and regulations. To be successful in this role, you should be an agile multi-tasker and highly enthusiastic game changer who is able to work independently but also in a team. You are up for a challenge, ready to make a difference. and be able to reliably deliver Help us review and negotiate commercial and supply chain contracts, and more generally support the Legal & Compliance team on different legal maters, with a focus on U.S. law and regulations.
Want to help create a sustainable future of transportation that's better for everyone? If yes, then take a look at what your role with us will entail.
Your role is based in the Greater Chicago area and will cover the following main areas: supporting end-to-end commercial transactions, product regulatory review, dispute and litigation management, ethics compliance and employment, IP portfolio management, corporate governance of our US legal entities. Our ideal candidate excels at commercial laws and regulations and has experience in negotiating complex agreements, managing disputes/litigation, and implementing the Legal team's objectives and strategies in the commercial and regulatory areas.
This position will report to our General Counsel based in Amsterdam (The Netherlands). To be successful in your role you will be working closely with the global legal team, also based in Amsterdam.
Your key responsibilities:
- Be the go-to point person on day to day legal and compliance matters for our U.S. team.
- Provide legal support and guidance related to U.S. laws and regulations to all business units within the organization. Understand business goals and advise management on how to meet these goals while adhering to laws and company policies.
- Draft, review, and negotiate complex contracts for all areas of the business, including sales & partnership agreements, vendor & supply agreements, support & services agreements, and employment agreements.
- Manage outside counsel and oversee U.S. litigation and complaints.
- Collaborate with the business units to evaluate risks associated with new, existing, or revised products sold in the U.S. and services provided within the U.S. Ensure actions to mitigate risks are appropriately documented and implemented.
- Actively monitor laws and regulations impacting our U.S. business and educate management accordingly. Update both internal and public policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Cooperate with our public affairs, product management and other colleagues to establish and form part of an early warning system actively monitoring the changing legal and regulatory landscape EVBox performs its business in.
- Manage U.S. corporate governance matters, including board materials, consents, and minutes.
- Thrive working in a fast-paced, high-pressure, entrepreneurial environment.
- Be a team player with the ability to work effectively, collaboratively, and cross-functionally.
- Work closely with the commercial, corporate, compliance, employment and legal operations colleagues in the Legal department.
- Be able to navigate deliverables across varying time zones and differing departments within EVBox Group.
- High energy and velocity.
- Understand and demonstrate how a modern country counsel can be a company optimizer.
- Follow through and deliver.
- Independence and ownership.
- A desire to have impact whilst recognizing that impact contains a verb.
- Able to run your own desk in line with the priorities of EVBox's Legal department
- Travel required on an as needed basis.
Qualifications, skills and requirements:
- Master's degree in Law, Juris Doctorate, or local equivalent and is admitted to the bar in good standing.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience as a qualified lawyer or in-house legal counsel with a strong background in commercial & corporate law and a good understanding of IP, compliance & employment law.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written. Other languages are a plus.
- Excellent negotiation, and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective. cross-functional working relationships and service-solution-oriented mindset.
- Exceptional organizational, project management, and multitasking skills.
- Intellectual curiosity and a willingness to learn.
- Sound integrity and judgement.
- Experience in a rapidly evolving industry such as the EV industry or scale-up environment is a plus
Additional benefits we bring to the table
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401K contribution
- 20 days of PTO
- Holiday Swap (2 days)
- Access to learning platforms and personal development budget
- Budget to set up your home office
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
What it's like to work in North America
We work together to power our sustainable future. Here's what drives us:
- Our friendly, entrepreneurial, and collaborative work environment
- Working to help grow one of the key regions in the US with your work
- Bringing new ideas that are always highly appreciated
- Interacting in an environment with colleagues from all over the world
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Ready to power our sustainable future? Hit apply.
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.