Quality and Safety Manager
Libertyville, IL, United States
30+ days ago
EVBox is the leading global manufacturer of electric vehicle charging stations and charging management software. With over 170,000 charging points across more than 70 countries worldwide, we help electric drivers get access to charging infrastructure at any point in their journey.
Founded in 2010, we made our breakthrough when the market for electric vehicles (EVs) was still in its infancy. Our founders set their hearts and eyes on a clear concept: a fully modular charging station that facilitates easy installation, maintenance upgrades, and above all, uncompromising quality and durability.
Soon, we became the sole supplier of public charging infrastructure in cities such as Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Monaco. Meanwhile, we played an active role in promoting Smart Charging technologies and roaming of charging infrastructure with industry partners and public organizations.
In 2017, we were acquired by energy utility and global service provider ENGIE, who identified us as a disruptive, leading cleantech company making a difference in the fast-growing industry of electric mobility.
In 2018, we acquired the ultra-fast charging station manufacturer EVTronic, now EVBox Bordeaux, based in France, adding 1,000 previously installed fast charging stations to our European network.
Today, with many projects running across Europe, North America, South America, and Asia, we move forward by perfecting our original recipe with a next generation of hardware and software that are energy-efficient, future-proof, and easy to use.
The growth and success of EVBox are driven by the passion and dedication of everyone in the company.
EVBox has grown into an international team across multiple office and legal entities in Europe and the United States. Today, over 650 driven professionals coming from different walks of life are working for EVBox. As a fast-growing scale-up within the beating heart of the clean tech industry, with a mission to accelerate the transition towards a zero emissions future.
For our fast growing North America region we are looking for an ambitious and experienced Quality and Safety Manager to strengthen the local Operations team.
You'll be leaving your mark in this important field for a sustainable future.
- Maintain health and safety standards on site (OSHA 2.5 to 3) by anticipating and nullifying any risks to health and safety on site in collaboration with the management team and work force. Prevention being the focus.
- Assume overall responsibility for quality compliance and procedures within the business. The constructor of the Quality Manual.
- Play a strong role in the improvement of operations processes, the organization and product production. Develop the internal audit process to maintain and improve compliance.
- Assume overall responsibility for the quality and conformity of products manufactured on site. Establish sufficient control of all processes on site relating to production, logistics and distribution. (Control plan development)
- Define and apply all relevant procedures necessary to guarantee product conformity
- Supervise and follow the inspection and control of incoming materials, production processes and finished product.
- By anticipating quality risks associated with human intervention, part non-conformity, design weakness, etc. drive the process of continuous improvement throughout the business.
- With the approval of the plant steering committee, establish and promote the application of the site safety policy.
- Prepare and manage the site quality, safety and environmental budget.
- Respect and ensure the respect of all rules and regulations at the site relating to hygiene, safety and environmental protection.
What experience you'll bring to the team:
- Masters degree or management degree with relevant bias towards science and technical
- 5 - 10 years' experience in a similar role
- 3 years minimum management experience.
- Strong delegator and motivator
- Methodical and organized
- Able to take responsibility and to take initiative
- Team orientated
- Comfortable communicator at all levels of the business and external to the business
- Knowledge of ERP, Quality, site administrative procedures and personnel procedures
Additional benefits we bring to the table
- Competitive salary
- 401K match program
- 20 vacation days
- Holiday Swap (2 days)
- Access to learning platforms and personal development budget
- Volunteer Day
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
We work together to power our sustainable future. Here's what drives us:
- Our friendly, entrepreneurial, and collaborative work environment
- Bringing new ideas that are always highly appreciated
- Interacting in an environment with colleagues from all over the world
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.