North American Product and Integration Specialist
Libertyville, IL, United States
30+ days ago
We believe in a future where daily transportation is emission-free and sustained by smart charging infrastructure. That’s why we’ve made it our goal to accelerate the adoption of electric mobility by bringing the most accessible and scalable charging solutions to the world. However, the transition from gas to electric cars will change a great deal of what we know about transportation. We’re going to need EV charging infrastructure that is accessible, reliable, and future-proof.
Do you see yourself as truly passionate about the EV industry? Do you show affinity with renewable technologies and products? Then we might be looking for you! Our growth and success are driven by the passion and dedication of everyone here in the EVBox family.
About the Role:
As a North American Product and Integration Specialist, the primary responsibility is to verify product quality, reliability and customer experience for EVBox North American products. You will work with partners and product managers to establish use cases for specific installations. This will establish the criteria for a coherent and enjoyable product experience for anyone using our EVBox NA charging products.
These goals will be achieved through extensive use case testing: (NA based product testing; car compatibility testing; network integration testing) with the goal of providing specific data and reports to product engineering geared toward improving product quality and experience.
Output and deliverables include: support materials for deployment and commissioning instructions; common troubleshooting and repair instructions; Integration guides for back end operators and CPOs; standard test cases for validation of operation; Reports on station operation; Reports on car and station interactions.
Your main responsibilities will include, but aren’t limited to:
- Collaborate with manufacturing operations to improve production capability.
- Work across multiple systems to log and directly capture station information.
- Conduct or direct system-level charger system testing. Execute test plans against standard operation of stations and capture significant details for reporting.
- Evaluate new products introduction and assess operation for target market.
- Consistently communicate across departments to advance the quality and capability of EVBox stations.
- Independently work with outside partners to accomplish business objectives.
- Participate in product design reviews.
- Provide technical direction to other engineers or engineering support personnel.
- Perform failure, variation, or root cause analyses.
- Write, review, or maintain quality product assessment documentation.
- Prepare or present technical or project status reports.
- Expected travel 25% for:
- Conduct initial site walks of new customer installations
- Troubleshoot customer initial deployment sites
- Test Vehicles on EVBox stations
- Industry test events
- Alter or modify designs to obtain specified functional or operational performance.
You'll be leaving your mark in this important field for a sustainable future.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- BS Electrical Engineering or EET plus minimum 2 years electronics experience - knowledge and application of electrical engineering principles.
- knowledge of electrical circuit design
- knowledge of local electrical distribution, electrical safety practices and DC EV charging standards and applications, and Knowledge of OCPP communications
- Ability to read electrical schematics and relate to physical hardware.
- Ability to test and measure electrical systems
- Use of online systems for remote device management
- Ability to develop user case scenarios and documentation based on expected device operation.
Additional benefits we bring to the table
- Holiday Swap (2 days)
- Access to learning platforms and personal development budget
- Volunteer Day
- Work from anywhere for 2 weeks
- Work from home (even post-corona) + budget to set up your home office
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
We work together to power our sustainable future. Here’s what drives us:
- Our friendly, entrepreneurial, and collaborative work environment
- Bringing new ideas that are always highly appreciated
- Interacting in an environment with colleagues from all over the world
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Libertyville, IL 60048: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Electrical engineering: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location