Powering our sustainable future, together
We live in an era where electric mobility is "the new normal". Whereas over the past decade, electric vehicles were only for the few, today they are for everyone. Welcome to the Electric Era. Enter EVBox.
Founded in 2010, EVBox empowers forward-thinking businesses to build a sustainable future by providing flexible and scalable electric vehicle charging solutions. With its offering of residential, commercial, and fast charging stations, as well as scalable charging management software, EVBox ensures that electric mobility is accessible to everyone.
We believe in a future where daily transortation is emission-free and sustained by smart charging infrastructure. That's why we've made it our goal to accelerate the adoption of electric mobility by bringing the most accessible and scalable charging solutions to the world. However, the transition from gas to electric cars will change a great deal of what we know about transportation.
The growth and success of EVBox is driven by the passion and dedication of everyone in the company. Today, EVBox has grown into an international team across multiple offices in Europe and the United States, with hundreds of driven professionals coming from different walks of life working for us.
About the Team:
The Engineering team currently consists of three people. The Test Specialist with report directly to the Engineering Manager of EVBL. You will work in close collaboration with Engineering Technicians, Production Testers, and the Test Specialist teams in Bordeaux.
About the role:
Under the supervision of the Engineering Manager, your mission will be:
- Collaborating in the design of test benches (drawings, assembly, wiring, software development) for chargers (in EVBL) and sub-assemblies (external companies)
- Troubleshooting and validating new test benches
- Writing the technical documentation for end users
- Providing training for test operators on production test benches
- Performing preventative maintenance and troubleshooting on test benches (within the EVBL plant and at external suppliers' factories)
Be available for workshop for any test related problem during production.
Associates degree in electronic / electrotechnics or Trade school equivalent or equivalent in work experience
- At least 2 years experience in test bench development or maintenance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (ability to write instruction sheets, and understand docs, communicate with our US Factory)
- Knowledge of test software (Labview)
- Knowledge of communication protocols (CAN, RS232)
- Proven communication skills and ability to work collaboratively across multiple departments.
- Excellent attitude with a high technical background in troubleshooting AC and DC components. The ability to demonstrate a proactive and analytical approach to solving issues.
- Understanding test execution methods and tools.
- The ability to apply project management capabilities.
- Demonstrate a high level of critical thinking, decision-making, creativity, and information processing
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds at times.
What to expect from us
At EVBox, we believe that when people feel valued and rewarded, they can reach their full potential. That's why we offer competitive salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always has a positive impact on performance. Furthermore, our benefits offering includes health and wellbeing, insurance benefits, retirement programs, as well as service awards—not to mention various social and recreational activities, some of which are location specific.
We offer the following benefits as standard:
- 10 days of PTO
- Holiday sway (2 days)
- Medical, Dental and vision insurance
- 401K match program
- Annual Personal Development budget to be spent on external courses/trainings
- Quarterly team building budget available
- Leadership coaching and training
- Employee Assistance Program, where you can reach out anonymously to professionals who can help you with personal and/or work-related problems
- Support for mental health and wellbeing
- Referral program
- Volunteering day time off
- Company gatherings and social committee
Are you passionate about the EV industry? Do you have an interest in renewable resources, new sustainable technologies, and clean future-proof products? Our growth and success are driven by the passion and dedication of everyone here at EVBox.
We're not looking for you to tick all the boxes we listed above. What matters most is that we share the same values, passion and work ethic. Don't let the imposter syndrome get in the way of a great career move and apply—we'd love to hear from you.
Across our 8 locations, more than 700 EVBoxers work together to provide electric vehicle charging solutions that help businesses move forward. Are you ready to join them? Hit apply. Want us to know why you're interested—a short cover letter always helps!
At EVBox, we are committed to a non-discriminatory approach, providing equal opportunity for employment and advancement in all our teams and programs. We believe in an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace where all employees, no matter their gender, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education or disability, feel valued and respected. We respect and value diverse life experiences, heritages and ensure that all voices are heard.Where possible, we provide accommodations for people with disabilities to support your participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.
Do you want to get to know us even better? Then pay a visit to our Career page, blog or check out our social media channels: LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read about how EVBox processes your personal data here.
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.