Manager, Field Services & Spare parts
Libertyville, IL, United States
30+ days ago
We believe in a future where daily transportation is emission-free and sustained by smart charging infrastructure. That's why we've made it our goal to accelerate the adoption of electric mobility by bringing the most accessible and scalable charging solutions to the world. However, the transition from gas to electric cars will change a great deal of what we know about transportation. We're going to need EV charging infrastructure that is accessible, reliable, and future-proof.
Do you see yourself as truly passionate about the EV industry? Do you show affinity with renewable technologies and products? Then we might be looking for you! Our growth and success are driven by the passion and dedication of everyone here in the EVBox family.
About the Role:
As Manager of the Field Service & Spare Parts teams, you will be overall responsible for servicing our customers by performing support in the field and providing deep technical expertise. You will be responsible for solving technical issues pertaining to the interaction between our hardware, 3rd party hardware connected to our platform, our 3rd party backend for our software and roaming connections whilst collaborating with engineering on the supportability of our products.
To meet our company objectives of providing customer excellence and right the first-time culture, we look to you to provide strategic recommendations for field services which include global service part management, efficiency gains and process and product improvement. You will guide the teams in making the right strategic and technical decisions. In addition, you will be responsible for the staffing and performance management of the teams while providing real-time, meaningful, and constructive feedback to direct reports to develop their careers.
Your main responsibilities will include, but aren't limited to:
- Field service partner management, responsible for setting up and maintaining a network of field service partners.
- Field service execution, confirming the shipment of service parts to customers/partners and ensuring proper administration of all on-site activities.
- Accountable for managing the ordering of service parts at suppliers, managing the 3rd party logistics partner and the remanufacturing, mining & scrapping locations.
- Define the strategy for field service management and service parts
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and help the team in taking the right technical decisions and influence roadmap that contributes to product quality and supportability
- Generate statistical reporting to provide strategic recommendations and report trends to respective stakeholders
- Manage a team with team leads and professionals
- Review business priorities and take appropriate action to ensure results are achieved
- Set clear objectives, evaluate progress, and instill a high-performance culture
- Manage individual performance, skills development and focus on effective cooperation within the team and cross-functionally
- Ensure the timely hiring of quality new team members & build effective career development plans
You'll be leaving your mark in this important field for a sustainable future.
What you'll bring to the team:
- 7+ years of work experience, of which 2+ in a managerial role; all spent within technical support and/or network operations environment
- Proven experience working within the spare parts industry, including supply chain activities
- Experience in working with or at a field service provider
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, IT, Electronics or similar).
- Ability to manage, align and motivate others - especially remote and cross-functional collaborative teams
- Experience in the EV industry is a strong plus
- Critical thinking skills, stress-resilient with the ability to handle multiple escalations & projects at the same time
- Data driven & strong ability to translate findings into an organized set of steps and accountabilities
- Thrives in a fast-paced, unstructured, and constant changing work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill, as well as interpersonal skills
Additional benefits we bring to the table:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401K contribution
- Competitive salary
- 20 days of PTO
- Holiday Swap (2 days)
- Access to learning platforms and personal development budget
- Volunteer Day
- Work from anywhere for 2 weeks
- Work from home (even post-corona) + budget to set up your home office
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.