Field Support Engineer
Libertyville, IL, United States
26 days ago
We believe in a future where daily transportation is emission-free and sustained by smart charging infrastructure. That’s why we’ve made it our goal to accelerate the adoption of electric mobility by bringing the most accessible and scalable charging solutions to the world. However, the transition from gas to electric cars will change a great deal of what we know about transportation. We’re going to need EV charging infrastructure that is accessible, reliable, and future-proof.
Do you see yourself as truly passionate about the EV industry? Do you show affinity with renewable technologies and products? Then we might be looking for you! Our growth and success are driven by the passion and dedication of everyone here in the EVBox family.
We’re looking for a Field Support Engineer to join our team. Are you looking for a predominantly technical position in electronics / embedded software and / or mechatronics for which you must travel regularly?
Want to help create a sustainable future of transportation that’s better for everyone? If yes, then take a look at what your role with us will entail.
What you'll be doing
Within the L2+ Support & Service team, your mission will be to support service partners in their skills development, to carry out commissioning, analysis, correction and after-sales support operations on the DC/HPC product range and to contribute to customer satisfaction through the improvement of service quality.
Under the responsibility of the North American Service Manager, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
Your main responsibilities will include, but aren’t limited to:
- Remotely perform in-depth analyses on the charging stations (analysis of downloaded logs or direct connection to the station), following an L2 support escalation
- Provide technical support to service partners and colleagues
- If necessary, go to the customer site and take charge of solving the technical problem
- Write a detailed report for each of your interventions (analysis or field intervention)
- Contribute to the implementation of the service's documentation and to the improvement of its operation
- Participate to the phases (validation on pilot site then deployment) of software and hardware evolutions on the products
- Ensure the reporting of product non-conformities (technical, functional) and the characterization of bugs, starting from the commissioning of the product
- Contribute to our database in order to share experience and best practices with service partners and colleagues
- Train service partners and your colleagues in the technical expertise of quick charging stations
- Supervise the installation and commissioning of the pre-series and the first terminals of large projects
You'll be leaving your mark in this important field for a sustainable future.
What you'll bring to the team
Technical Skills/ Hard Skills
- Good knowledge in embedded electronics : embedded Linux, CAN
- Computer programming knowledge : C, C#, python or raspberry
- Network knowledge : TCP/IP communication
- A very good verbal and written communication skills
We want you to demonstrate
- Great rigor
- Stress Management/Emotional Intelligence
- Willingness to progress
- Team spirit/cooperation
If you have any of these, even better
- Knowledge in electrotechnical/power electronics: hardware components, AC/DC conversion, EMC
- A good understanding of the processes involved in the life cycle of a product: development, industrialization, production and operation/management
- Mechanical and hydraulic notions: mechanical constraints, water circuits, air conditioning
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $86,000.00 - $102,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: On the road
- Health insurance