Director of Services and Support North America
Libertyville, IL, United States
30+ days ago
We believe in a future where daily transportation is emission-free and sustained by smart charging infrastructure. That's why we've made it our goal to accelerate the adoption of electric mobility by bringing the most accessible and scalable charging solutions to the world. However, the transition from gas to electric cars will change a great deal of what we know about transportation. We're going to need EV charging infrastructure that is accessible, reliable, and future-proof.
Do you see yourself as truly passionate about the EV industry? Do you show affinity with renewable technologies and products? Then we might be looking for you! Our growth and success are driven by the passion and dedication of everyone here in the EVBox family.
About the Role:
As Director, Services and Support NA, the primary responsibility will be to setup the North America Services and Support practice for EVBox Group. The role is accountable for ensuring we deliver high quality software and hardware services, as well as ensuring timely and quality supporting services are provided to customers and partners, ensuring an uptime rate of 98% of our charging solutions, while managing the North America software and services P&L, and utilization targets.
Your main responsibilities will include, but aren't limited to:
- Practice Management
- Effective achievement of KPIs as defined for the Services and Support practices.
- Reporting on progress of KPIs to General Management.
- Support practice development and key processes to maximize the creation of repeatable and expedited implementation solutions.
- Integrate industry knowledge into practical sales-related tactics, techniques and procedures to support the commercial teams on Services related scope, where needed.
- Ensure knowledge capture and transfer within the practice and among key departments in the development of "best-practices."
- Monitor team's job performance and provides coaching, counseling, and motivation to maximize practice performance.
- Recruit and hire employees who can help grow and drive the services and support business strategy.
- Collaborate with other departments like NSI, NPI, Sales, and Customer success, etc. to improve Services offerings and overall customer satisfaction.
- Serve as the main contact for the customer on large or critical projects; maintain and grow relationships; act in the role of the "trusted advisor."
- Sales and Marketing
- Oversee all RFx for NA opportunities involving Services scope, including overseeing the estimates, content, and delegation to team.
- Support Sales and Marketing teams on new proposals and opportunities.
- Identify future Services and Support business opportunities.
- Leadership and People Management
- Implement and executing structured performance objectives & leadership models.
- Create and promote a productive and enjoyable work environment and team culture.
- Maintain the region's focus on moving forward and continuous improvement.
- Implement and practice the EVBox Group values.
- Mentor and support direct reports
- Establish performance or growths plans for team.
- Ensure timely and effective performance evaluations are being completed.
- Assist in resolving performance issues.
- High Performing Support Delivery
- Lead Support Manager and provide guidance to ensure support is executed in accordance to the KPIs
- Support conducted:
- Setup of L0 knowledge management base.
- Professionalize outsourced Level 1 customer support.
- Professionalize Level 2 Customer support practice.
- Professionalize Level 2 Partner support practice.
- Professionalize Field Support execution including work order management and coordination for onsite visits for flying doctors.
- Setup of knowledge center/management and self-service adopted to US.
- Professionalize case management practices (salesforce tooling) to drive scalable, traceable support operations.
- Setup SOP's, and SLA's for support operations .
- Manage KPI's for support, and ensure KPI's are met (NPS, CSAT, reduction response time, reduction successful case close time).
- High Performing Services Delivery
- Lead Services Manager and provide guidance to ensure services are executed in accordance to the KPIs
- Services conducted are:
- Setup of Delivery services: ensure that charging solutions are effectively being delivered, in-time and with high quality
- Setup of Field service partner management: ensure effective network of field service partners is setup and maintained
- Setup of Field service execution: responsible for the management of service pars to customers/(field service) partners and ensuring proper administration of all on-site activities.
- Setup of Service parts supply chain: responsible for managing the ordering of service parts at suppliers, managing the 3rd party logistics service pars to customers/(field service) partners. And management of remanufacturing, mining & scrapping of RMA'd parts
- Setup SOP's, and SLA's for service operations .
- Manage KPI's for service, and ensure KPI's are met (NPS, CSAT, reduced delivery time, increase delivery quality and service part supply processes)
You'll be leaving your mark in this important field for a sustainable future.
What you'll bring to the team:
- 10+ years experience in services and support organizations in director or VP position(s)
- Experience in hardware and software companies – services and support practice
- Experience building and leading a team, lead by example
- Proven track record in meeting and exceeding SLA's, KPI's within services and support department(s) under your management.
- Proven track record in P&L management of the department(s) under your accountability
- Proven track record in service parts management, service delivery management
- Experience in start-ups and scale-ups required
- Knowledge of the sustainable Energy market
- Deep knowledge of and experience with people management
- Superior Problem Solving skills
- Superior customer-centric mindset
- Commercial mindset
- Self-disciplined and accountable
- Deep knowledge of and experience with organizational practices within a regional area/discipline
Additional benefits we bring to the table:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401K contribution
- Competitive salary
- 20 days of PTO
- Holiday Swap (2 days)
- Access to learning platforms and personal development budget
- Volunteer Day
- Work from anywhere for 2 weeks
- Work from home (even post-corona) + budget to set up your home office
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.