Director of Public Policy, North America
Libertyville, IL, United States
30+ days ago
We empower forward-thinking businesses to build a sustainable future by providing flexible and scalable electric vehicle charging solutions.
You'll be contributing to the way our innovative charging solutions are designed, built, and maintained. At every stage, our solutions need to be in peak condition to make electric mobility easy and affordable for businesses and drivers around the world.
A bit about the team and role:
The Director of Public Policy, for North America is responsible for policy objectives to promote EVBox products and advance transportation electrification nationally. The candidate will be responsible for developing and driving the policy agenda at a federal and state level. They will work independently while coordinating with the global team in Amsterdam. The ideal candidate should have a technical and commercial mindset while developing and responding to policy
proposals. Successful candidates will have experience working in both the public and
- Develop EVBox policy positions. Track, monitor, and analyze state legislation, regulatory filings, federal policies and other EV policy
- Develop and manage strategic relationships with key stakeholders
- Develop and deliver legislative testimony, regulatory comments, letters of support, and presentations
- Coordinate with internal teams and consultants on messaging, policy development, product and strategy
- Engage with government officials and other stakeholders through public processes regarding the implementation of the federal infrastructure law
- Represent EVBox at external forums and contribute to thought leadership on policies that will increase transportation electrification
- Other duties as assigned
You'll be leaving your mark in this important field for a sustainable future.
What you'll bring to the team
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience within transportation policy or energy policy.
- A Bachelor's degree in public affairs or public policy, or equivalent is required. Master's degree preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret legislation, utility tariffs, regulations, and technical documents
- Understanding of technology and the ability to translate and communicate complex technical issues to state/federal regulators
- Resourcefulness in solving problems with limited resources.
Additional benefits we bring to the table:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401K program
- 20 days of paid time off
- Holiday Swap (2 days)
- Access to learning platforms and personal development budget
- Volunteer Day
- Work anywhere for 2 weeks
- Work from home & budget to set up your home office
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Due to legal requirements you must have a valid work permit.
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Ready to power our sustainable future? Hit apply.
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.