Director of EV Charging Solutions, North America
Libertyville, IL, United States
30+ days ago
We believe in a future where daily transportation is emission-free and sustained by smart charging infrastructure. That's why we've made it our goal to accelerate the adoption of electric mobility by bringing the most accessible and scalable charging solutions to the world. However, the transition from gas to electric cars will change a great deal of what we know about transportation. We're going to need EV charging infrastructure that is accessible, reliable, and future-proof.
Do you see yourself as truly passionate about the EV industry? Do you show affinity with renewable technologies and products? Then we might be looking for you! Our growth and success are driven by the passion and dedication of everyone here in the EVBox family.
About the Role:
The Director of EV Charging Solutions will be based in the US, reporting to the Senior Vice President of North America with a dotted line into the European Team. You will work in close collaboration with:
- US sales and marketing teams, also with direct interaction with local key accounts
- The US director of public policy to identify and anticipate all regulation evolution
- The local US service team, especially at the L3 level, the highest level of support experts
- The AC/DC Engineering team based in Bordeaux (France), particularly with the architects, project managers and product owners
- The product management and strategic marketing team based in Amsterdam
- Lead stakeholders in the technology roadmap for hardware (L2 and L3/DCFC), chargepost management system software and energy management systems.
- Build the strategy for the product portfolio in North America across hardware and software lines.
- Work with key cross functional teams to strengthen North America Go to Market plan.
- Work with policy and compliance teams to understand what requirements are needed in products to properly receive local, state, federal funding and meet regulatory requirements. (ie, NEVI, LCFS, CARB, DMS)
- Define next-generation hardware and software offering and their impact on the evolution of EV charging infrastructure. This includes V2X, Plug and Charge and wireless charging.
- Work closely with sales, customer experience, service and business development departments to understand evolving market needs and competitive landscape.
- Actively participate in and influence industry standards, trade organizations, and protocol discussions in the industry.
- Build local and global relationships to effectively collaborate on projects including EVSE development, qualification testing, field testing, and system integrations.
- Ensure robust systems integration between EVSEs (charging hardware), electric vehicles, the operating platform, payment systems, battery storage or other generation systems, and other components of the charging network.
- Ensure industry standard protocols are leveraged; ex. OCPP, OCPI, ISO15118
- Establishing and maintaining a strong partnership with internal stakeholders to fully understand the business and business needs.
- Maintain a strong collaboration across all Product Management and Technology teams ensuring on-time delivery of project & services considering the North America roadmap.
- Creation of program plans, budget, coordinating different schedules between technology, quality, and operations, as well as external partners to ensure achievement of milestones and deliverables.
- Communicating project expectations to executive level on goals, scope, budget, resources, risks, and timeline, as well as project updates with internal and external stakeholders.
- Overseeing the management of the largest priorities, milestones, and risks of the program, whilst deep diving into any issues to come up with creative solutions with colleagues and partners to keep the program on track.
- Frequent liaison with internal and external department heads and executive team to present results and strategic messaging around solid proposals and solutions.
What experience you'll bring to the team:
- Completed degree in Technology (Hardware / Software), Mechanical / Electrical / Engineering or business related experience preferred
- At least 7-10 years of professional broad work experience (with minimum of 5 years in program management
- Very experienced in interfacing with executive level (c-suite)
- Knowledge of bringing complex technical products to market
- Strong consulting, communication, and presentation skills to key internal and external stakeholders (previous experience in a strategy consulting company is advantageous)
- Strong ability to drive programs in a matrix organization, you create strong networks and can pull various stakeholders into the program vision (from executive to operational level)
- Able to navigate and drive large programs within a complex, sometimes ambiguous stakeholder environment
- Experienced in developing and continuously improving on effective and lean program structures
- Strong negotiation skills, able to influence across internal organization and with customers, providing thought leadership and understanding of the wider business
- Self-starter, you can anticipate and mitigate program risks and proactively solve problems, which may require conceptual thinking and independent judgment in methods and techniques for obtaining results
Additional benefits we bring to the table
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401K contribution
- 20 days of PTO
- Holiday Swap (2 days)
- Access to learning platforms and personal development budget
- Budget to set up your home office
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
What it's like to work in North America
We work together to power our sustainable future. Here's what drives us:
- Our friendly, entrepreneurial, and collaborative work environment
- Working to help grow one of the key regions in the US with your work
- Bringing new ideas that are always highly appreciated
- Interacting in an environment with colleagues from all over the world
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Ready to power our sustainable future? Hit apply.
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.