Senior Software Architect E-Mobility Bordeaux
30+ days ago
We're looking for an Senior Embedded Software Architect E-Mobility to join our team in Bordeaux (France). To be successful in this role you should be passionate about leading software development teams and be able to reliably deliver a software platform solution for electric vehicle charging stations.
Want to help create a sustainable future of transportation that's better for everyone? If yes, then take a look at what your role with us will entail.
EVBox is the leading global manufacturer of electric vehicle charging stations and charging management software. With over 350,000 charging points across more than 55 countries worldwide, we help electric drivers get access to charging infrastructure at any point in their journey.
Today, with many projects running across Europe, North America, South America, and Asia, we move forward by perfecting our original recipe with a next generation of hardware and software that is energy-efficient, future-proof, and easy to use.
The growth and success of EVBox is driven by the passion and dedication of everyone in the company.
EVBox has grown into an international team across multiple offices in Europe and the United States. Today, over 600 driven professionals coming from different walks of life are working for EVBox. As a fast-growing scale-up within the beating heart of the clean tech industry.
About the role
We are looking for an
What you'll be doing
You will work on guiding multiple software development teams. You will work from our office in Amsterdam and report to the Lead Software Architect.
Your main responsibilities will include, but aren't limited to:
- Define the static and dynamic aspects of our embedded Linux systems
- Work on the bigger picture of our software architecture, from peripherals and microcontrollers to integrated SoCs
- Create and communicate relevant architectural views for our software solutions
- Evaluate alternative architectural designs
- Refine the architecture with cyber security engineers and safety engineers
- Review functional software requirements and define non-functional software requirements
- Review system requirements and define system elements realized in software
- Guide multiple software development teams as technical lead and provide development guidelines
- Prepare and make technical decisions together with the software architecture team and with technical management
- Work closely with the program management to define features for our agile software development
You'll be leaving your mark in this important field for a sustainable future.
What you'll bring to the team
Technical Skills/ Hard Skills
- University degree in computer science or similar discipline
- Multiple years of experience as a software architect or in another technical lead role (10 years)
- Excellent knowledge of embedded Linux/RTOS environments
- Very good knowledge of UML
- Good understanding of software quality
- Knowledge of network communication layers (Wi-Fi, UMTS/LTE, Bluetooth) and communication protocols (WebSocket, TCP/IP).
We want you to demonstrate
- Outstanding communication skills
If you have any of these, even better
- Knowledge in data encryption and security principles is a plus.
- Knowledge of functional safety and experience with safety-critical systems is a plus
- Experience with model based design is a plus
- Experience in C, C++ is a plus
Additional benefits we bring to the table
- Meal Voucher
- 25 vacation days
- Access to learning platforms and personal development budget
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
EVBox does not accept resumes of candidates from agencies or other intermediaries. Any such profiles will be disregarded. In case EVBox concluded an employment agreement with any of those candidates, this shall not create any right for, and no fees are owed to the agency who submitted such a resume.
What it's like to work at EVBox
We work together to power our sustainable future. Here's what drives us:
- Our friendly, entrepreneurial, and collaborative work environment
- Working to help grow one of the key regions in Europe with your work
- Bringing new ideas that are always highly appreciated
- Interacting in an environment with colleagues from all over the world
- Working in a brand new office in Leognan that meets all your needs (when not working from home)
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Ready to power our sustainable future? Hit apply.
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.