Technical Support Team Lead (DACH)
30+ days ago
EVBox is the leading global manufacturer of electric vehicle charging stations and charging management software. With over 300,000 charging points across more than 70 countries worldwide, we help electric drivers get access to charging infrastructure at any point in their journey.
Today, with many projects running across Europe, North America, South America, and Asia, we move forward by perfecting our original recipe with a next generation of hardware and software that is energy-efficient, future-proof and easy to use.
The growth and success of EVBox is driven by the passion and dedication of everyone in the company.
EVBox has grown into an international team across multiple offices in Europe and the United States. Today, over 600 driven professionals coming from different walks of life are working for EVBox. As a fast-growing scale-up within the beating heart of the clean tech industry.
About the role
We're looking for a Technical Support Team Lead (DACH) to join our Support team. To be successful in this role you should be passionate about providing a high level of technical support for Charging Stations across a wide array of complex issues across our AC product line in both German and English. You should be able to reliably deliver results and ensure proper support and development of our partners' technical competencies, providing the right level of visibility on support issues and resolution time. This can be primarily a remote job (90%), with some travel needed to our offices (10%). If you prefer to go into the office more, that is up to you.
You will be part of the Global Second Line Support team that is responsible for supporting questions raised by our suppliers and installation partners. You will be overseeing our German Technical Support team, which is responsible for resolving complex issues, escalating the issues with proper documentation to our L3 teams and coordinating corrective and preventive action plans with the L3 Engineering team.
- Motivate, coach, inspire, train and manage our Technical Support English speaking team
- Track concerns and tasks, and follow up on tickets in the available incident management system (Salesforce)
- Assure that key escalations resolved
- Perform root cause analysis on new issues faced
- Perform deep analyses of technical inquiries and provide feedback on hardware and firmware development
- Ensure proper escalation of issues and follow up
- Ensure that technical incidents are properly documented and followed-up on, including providing feedback to the relevant teams internally (i.e. Quality, Supply Chain, L3 Support, Project Management, Training and Knowledge Management)
- Ensure that the team develops a deep technical understanding of the product and its lifecycle
- Provide detailed statistical feedback on performance
- Ensure the right coverage is available to manage workload according to our KPIs
You'll be leaving your mark in this important field for a sustainable future.
What experience you'll bring to the team:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (electrical engineering, electronics, mechanical engineering or similar)
- Native German speaker and fluency in English required. Another European language (French, Dutch, Norwegian, Spanish) is considered a plus.
- At least 5 years of work experience in (technical) support roles (ideally within technology / energy / electrical / automotive companies)
- Some experience as a Team-lead is nice to have but you can compensate for that with solid technical skills and lots of motivation.
- Some experience working with hardware
- Any experience with cloud connected embedded systems, or programming / scripting languages (i.e. embedded C, JSON, XML) is advantageous (but not mandatory)
- Good understanding of customer support / call center operations (telephony, case management tools and processes)
- Previous experience with ticketing systems is a must (e.g. Salesforce)
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Strong customer-centric mindset, willingness to help others
- Ability to influence and empathize with remote teams
- Excellent verbal and written English
Additional benefits we bring to the table
- Competitive salary
- Cooperating with colleagues in a brand new office in Amsterdam West
- Private pension contribution
- Discounted medical insurance
- Commuting allowance
- 25 vacation days
- Holiday Swap (2 days)
- Access to learning platforms and personal development budget
- Volunteer Day
- Coming from abroad? No worries, we got you! We offer relocation assistance and free Dutch lessons to help you settle in.
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
We work together to power our sustainable future. Here's what drives us:
- Our friendly, entrepreneurial, and collaborative work environment
- Working to help grow one of the key regions in Europe with your work
- Bringing new ideas that are always highly appreciated
- Interacting in an environment with colleagues from all over the world
- Working in a brand new office in Amsterdam West that meets all your needs (when not working from home)
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.