Senior Mechanical Engineer
30+ days ago
Who we are:
We believe in a future where daily transportation is emission-free and sustained by smart charging infrastructure. That's why we've made it our goal to accelerate the adoption of electric mobility by bringing the most accessible and scalable charging solutions to the world. However, the transition from gas to electric cars will change a great deal of what we know about transportation. We're going to need EV charging infrastructure that is accessible, reliable, and future-proof. Team Hardware at EVBox develops and iterates our iconic charging stations placed worldwide.
Who we're looking for:
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer with a broad vision for technology to join our team. You'll be working in the new product development team and oversee our products from early concept development through to mass volume production.
- Technical ownership for NPD products from early concept phase to mass production launch
- You will evaluate the feasibility of design proposals
- Concept development for cost efficient and high-quality in mass production
- Managing our suppliers to ensure high quality of engineering and end products
- Detailed product development with design tools like, design reviews, DFMEA, tolerance analysis, DFM/DFA etc.
- You will track/create and approve 3D CAD data, bill of materials and drawings
- 7+ year experience with mechanical engineering; products involving electronic assemblies and thermal management is a plus
- Deep understanding of new product development, starting from initial ideation/industrial design to production to mass volume (DFM/DFA)
- A good mix of designing diverse materials (plastic, metal, aluminum, etc.) and manufacturing /prototyping processes (injection molding, rapid prototyping, assembly, stamping, extrusion, etc.)
- Knowledge of product data management (PDM) and product lifecycle management (PLM) systems
- Familiar with SolidWorks or other major 3D CAD design tools (i.e. CATIA, NX, ProEngineer)
Who you are:
- You communicate efficiently with multiple stakeholders
- You are a proactive hands-on teamplayer
- You deliver high-quality results and have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- You have solid skills in DFMEAs, DVP&R's, GD&T, tolerance stack up, specifications development and other technical documents
Nice to have:
- Experience with design for IP(54+) and IK(10) rating
- Experience with FEA and mold flow analysis
- Experience in product development to UL, CE and automotive standards
Do you see yourself as truly passionate about the EV industry? Do you show affinity with renewable technologies and products? Then we might be looking for you! Our growth and success are driven by the passion and dedication of everyone here in the EVBox family.
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.