Field Support Engineer/DACH (in English)
30+ days ago
Are you looking for a predominantly technical position in electronics / embedded software and / or mechatronics for which you must travel regularly? Want to help create a sustainable future of transportation that's better for everyone? If yes, read on to find out more!
We are the world leader in electric vehicle charging infrastructure and cloud-based charging management platforms. With more than 250,000 charging points installed worldwide, and more than 2,000 fast chargers in 70 countries, EVBox powers sustainable mobility by providing reliable charging solutions around the world.
In 2017, we were acquired by ENGIE and in 2018, we acquired the Bordeaux-based manufacturer of ultra-fast charging stations, EVTronic, adding 700 fast charging stations to our European network.
Today, with projects across Europe and America, we continue to improve the original recipe with a new generation of efficient, scalable and easy-to-use charging solutions. We empower forward-thinking businesses to build a sustainable future by providing flexible and scalable electric vehicle charging solutions.
You'll be contributing to the way our innovative charging solutions are designed, built, and maintained. At every stage, our solutions need to be in peak condition to make electric mobility easy and affordable for businesses and drivers around the world.
For more information, check out our YouTube video "Kristof Vereenooghe, CEO of EVBox Group, reflects on 2020 and discusses the journey ahead"
Within the L2+ Support & Service team, your mission will be to support service partners in their skills development, to carry out commissioning, analysis, correction and after-sales support operations on the DC/HPC product range and to contribute to customer satisfaction through the improvement of service quality.
Under the responsibility of the DC Service and Support Manager L2+, you will be responsible for the following tasks :
- Remotely perform in-depth analyses on the charging stations (analysis of downloaded logs or direct connection to the station), following an L2 support escalation
- Provide technical support to service partners and colleagues
- If necessary, go to the customer site and take charge of solving the technical problem
- Write a detailed report for each of your interventions (analysis or field intervention)
- Contribute to the implementation of the service's documentation and to the improvement of its operation
- Participate to the phases (validation on pilot site then deployment) of software and hardware evolutions on the products
- Ensure the reporting of product non-conformities (technical, functional) and the characterization of bugs, starting from the commissioning of the product
- Contribute to our database in order to share experience and best practices with service partners and colleagues
- Train service partners and your colleagues in the technical expertise of quick charging stations
- Supervise the installation and commissioning of the pre-series and the first terminals of large projects
You're the person we're looking for if you have:
- 5+ years of experience supporting in technical support, hardware development, preferably in the industry
- An Engineer/Master's degree with a technical background or equivalent work experience, with a major in electronics/embedded systems, electrotechnical, telecommunication, robotic and/or mechatronics field
- An ability to travel frequently across the DACH region
- A previous experience in the automotive industry, sustainable transport, technical supply or energy industry
To be successful in this position, you need the following technical skills :
- Knowledges in electrotechnical/power electronics: hardware components, AC/DC conversion, EMC
- Good knowledge in embedded electronics : embedded Linux, CAN
- Computer programming knowledge : C, C#, python or raspberry
- Network knowledge : TCP/IP communication
- A very good verbal and written communication skills in English and German
Other technical skills are a real plus for your application:
- A good understanding of the processes involved in the life cycle of a product: development, industrialization, production and operation/management
- Mechanical and hydraulic notions: mechanical constraints, water circuits, air conditioning
To shine, you'll also need to use some soft skills, especially your :
- Great rigour
- Stress Management/Emotional Intelligence
- Willingness to progress
- Team spirit/cooperation
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
What it's like to work at EVBox
We work together to power our sustainable future. Here's what drives us:
- Our friendly, entrepreneurial, and collaborative work environment
- Working to help grow one of the key regions in Europe with your work
- Bringing new ideas that are always highly appreciated
- Interacting in an environment with colleagues from all over the world
- Working in a modern office that meets all of your needs (when not working from home)
Due to legal requirements you must have a valid work permit.
Your interviewing stages might look something like
- A technical assessment test to gauge your knowledge level
- Introduction interview with a member of our recruitment team
- Interview with the Manager of International Support
- Interview with a Senior Manager within the business
- We want you to enjoy the process so will be sure to move quickly and follow up at every stage
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Ready to power our sustainable future? Hit apply.
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.