Senior Field Support Engineer DC
30+ days ago
EVBox is the leading global manufacturer of electric vehicle charging stations and charging management software. With over 350,000 charging points across more than 55 countries worldwide, we help electric drivers get access to charging infrastructure at any point in their journey.
Today, with many projects running across Europe, North America, South America, and Asia, we move forward by perfecting our original recipe with a next generation of hardware and software that is energy-efficient, future-proof, and easy to use.
The growth and success of EVBox is driven by the passion and dedication of everyone in the company.
EVBox has grown into an international team across multiple offices in Europe and the United States. Today, over 600 driven professionals coming from different walks of life are working for EVBox. As a fast-growing scale-up within the beating heart of the clean tech industry.
Within the Field Support & Service team, your mission will be to support service partners in their skills development, to carry out commissioning, analysis, correction and after-sales support operations on the DC/HPC product range and to contribute to customer satisfaction through the improvement of service quality.
Under the responsibility of the DC Service and Support Manager, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Remotely perform in-depth analyses on the charging stations (analysis of downloaded logs or direct connection to the station), following an L2 support escalation
- Provide technical support to service partners and colleagues
- If necessary, go to the customer site and take charge of solving the technical problem
- Write a detailed report for each of your interventions (analysis or field intervention)
- Contribute to the implementation of the service's documentation and to the improvement of its operation
- Improve/Maintain knowledge base with Standard Operating Procedures and best practices.
- Coach the team on technical expertise
- Participate to the phases (validation on pilot site then deployment) of software and hardware evolutions on the products. Ensure the reporting of product non-conformities (technical, functional) and the characterization of bugs, starting from the commissioning of the product.
- Contribute to our database in order to share experience and best practices with service partners and colleagues
- Train service partners and your colleagues in the technical expertise of quick charging stations
- Train New Field Service Engineers and be a role model for them
- Analyze technical issues when required, propose solutions in coordination with back office when required, instruct and follow-up on site adaptations
- Supervise the installation and commissioning of the pre-series and the first terminals of large projects
- Help maintain integrity of equipment and systems.
- Pro-active in acquiring technical know-how and customer focused communication
- Comfortable with working in global matrix organization
- Propose short term and long term improvements.
You're the person we're looking for if you have:
- 7+ years of experience supporting in technical support, hardware development, preferably in the industry
- An Engineer/Master's degree with a technical background or equivalent work experience, with a major in electronics/embedded systems, electrotechnical, telecommunication, robotic and/or mechatronics field
- An ability to travel frequently across Europe
- A previous experience in the automotive industry, sustainable transport, technical supply or energy industry
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Good interpersonal skills, flexibility, methodical, independent, summarize complex problems, proactive, team spirit and act as a role model for the team.
To be successful in this position, you need the following technical skills:
- Knowledges in electrotechnical/power electronics: hardware components, AC/DC conversion, EMC
- Good knowledge in embedded electronics : embedded Linux, CAN
- Computer programming knowledge : C, C#, python or rasberry
- Network knowledge : TCP/IP communication
- A very good verbal and written communication skills in English. Danish or Norwegian is also a must.
Other skills are a real plus for your application:
- A good understanding of the processes involved in the life cycle of a product: development, industrialization, production and operation/management
- Mechanical and hydraulic notions: mechanical constraints, water circuits, air conditioning
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members
- Lead colleagues to meet the organization's expectations for quality, continuous improvements.
- Continues communication between senior Engineer and Team Lead Manager to get the best of team members.
To shine, you'll also need to use some soft skills, especially your:
- Pro-active, positive and pragmatic approach
- Discipline, rigorous
- Stress Management/Emotional Intelligence
- Willingness to progress
- Team spirit/cooperation
Additional benefits we bring to the table
- Competitive salary
- Private pension contribution
- 25 vacation days
- Holiday Swap (2 days); ability to swap out a public holiday for a paid vacation day
- Commuting allowance
- Flexibility to work from home and a generous budget to set up your home office
- Ability to work remotely from anywhere for 2 weeks
- Access to learning platforms and personal development budget
- Volunteer Day
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.