30+ days ago
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be part of the Support team that is responsible for solving customer problems related to EV charging and ensure efficiency and quality of our response.
We are the world leader in electric vehicle charging infrastructure and cloud-based charging management platforms. With more than 250,000 charging points installed worldwide, and more than 2,000 fast chargers in 70 countries, EVBox powers sustainable mobility by providing reliable charging solutions around the world.
In 2017, we were acquired by ENGIE and in 2018, we acquired the Bordeaux-based manufacturer of ultra-fast charging stations, EVTronic, adding 700 fast charging stations to our European network.
Today, with projects across Europe and America, we continue to improve the original recipe with a new generation of efficient, scalable and easy-to-use charging solutions. We empower forward-thinking businesses to build a sustainable future by providing flexible and scalable electric vehicle charging solutions.
You'll be contributing to the way our innovative charging solutions are designed, built, and maintained. At every stage, our solutions need to be in peak condition to make electric mobility easy and affordable for businesses and drivers around the world.
We're looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join our Support team. To be successful in this role you should be passionate about providing a high level of technical support for Charging Stations across a wide array of complex issues across our AC product line. Reliably delivering and ensuring proper support and development of technical competencies of our partners, providing the right level of visibility on support issues and resolution time. This can be mostly a remote job (90%), with some travel needed to our offices (10%). If you prefer to go into the office more, that is up to you.
You will be part of the Second Line Support team that is responsible for supporting questions raised by our supplier and installation partners, resolving more complex issues, escalating the issues with proper documentation to our L3 teams and coordinating corrective and preventive action plans with the L3 Engineering team.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Track concerns and tasks and follow up on tickets in the available incident management system (Salesforce)
- Resolve customer / partner's issues on charging hardware operations and installations
- Resolve customer / partner's issues on our software systems
- Performing root cause analysis on new issues faced
- Perform deep analyses of technical inquiries and provide feedback on hardware and firmware development
- Ensure proper escalation of issues and follow up
- Communicate with installers and partners per e-mail and telephone
- Document and follow-up with technical incidents including providing feedback to the relevant teams internally (i.e. Quality, Supply Chain, L3 Support, Project Management)
- Develop a deep technical understanding of the product and its lifecycle
You'll be leaving your mark in this important field for a sustainable future.
What you'll bring to the team
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (electrical engineering, electronics, mechanical engineering or similar)
- Fluency in English and one of the following: German or French
- At least 3 years of work experience in (technical) support roles (ideally within technology / energy / electrical / automotive companies)
- Some experience working with hardware
- Any experience with cloud connected embedded systems, or programming / scripting languages (i.e. embedded C, JSON, XML) is a advantageous (but not mandatory)
- Good understanding of customer support / call center operations (telephony, case management tools and processes)
- Some previous experience with ticketing systems is advantageous (i.e. Salesforce)
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Strong customer-centric mindset, willingness to help others
- Ability to influence and empathize with remote teams
- Excellent verbal, writing and typing skills
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
What it's like to work at EVBox
We work together to power our sustainable future. Here's what drives us:
- Our friendly, entrepreneurial, and collaborative work environment
- Working to help grow one of the key regions in Europe with your work
- Bringing new ideas that are always highly appreciated
- Interacting in an environment with colleagues from all over the world
- Working in a modern office that meets all of your needs (when not working from home)
Due to legal requirements you must have a valid work permit.
Your interviewing stages might look something like
- Introduction interview with a member of our recruitment team
- Interview with the Hiring Manager
- Interview with a Senior Manager within the business
- We want you to enjoy the process so will be sure to move quickly and follow up at every stage
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Ready to power our sustainable future? Hit apply.
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.