Repair Engineer (French and English speaking)
30+ days ago
In the context of a job creation following a strong growth in our activity, we are looking for an Sedentary electrotechnical/electronic Repair Technician based in Canéjan, near Bordeaux.
Want to help create a sustainable future of transportation that's better for everyone? If yes, read on to find out more!
We are the world leader in electric vehicle charging infrastructure and cloud-based charging management platforms. With more than 200000 charging points installed worldwide, and more than 2,000 fast chargers in 70 countries, EVBox powers sustainable mobility by providing reliable charging solutions around the world.
In 2017, we were acquired by ENGIE and in 2018, we acquired the Bordeaux-based manufacturer of ultra-fast charging stations, EVTronic, adding 700 fast charging stations to our European network.
Today, with projects across Europe and America, we continue to improve the original recipe with a new generation of efficient, scalable and easy-to-use charging solutions.
For more information, visit Youtube at "EVBox Bordeaux | shaping the future of DC charging"
What you'll be doing
Within a team currently composed of 14 people, your mission will be to repair electronic sub-assemblies (cards, converters...) and complete charging stations (mechanical, electrical: wiring, inductors...). You will also have to carry out tests on vehicles and simulators and on test benches (for the sub-assemblies)
Under the responsibility of the Field Service Execution Team Lead, you will have to :
- Identify and search the cause of a failure on sub-assemblies or charging stations, of mechanical/electrical/electronic origin
- Dismantle and reassemble terminals to extract parts
- Maintain critical parts inventory levels by repairing returned parts
- Directly repair terminals following customer returns
- Perform tests on vehicles or simulators under real load
- Perform sub-assembly tests on test benches
- Carry out modifications to parts and software updates as part of retrofit campaigns
- Produce a report on the repair actions carried out on the charging stations and sub-assemblies
- Work on terminals and sub-assemblies in compliance with safety rules and wearing the appropriate PPE
- Contribute to the handling and packaging of heavy parts for shipment
What you'll bring to the team
- The physical ability to carry heavy loads up to 15kg alone.
- At least 2 years of higher education in electromechanics or electrical engineering or electronics
- At least 3 years experience in repairing electronic cards or in maintenance on industrial electromechanical/electrotechnical machines
We absolutely need your following hard skills :
- Oral and written fluency in English and French
- The mastery of troubleshooting on electronic boards
- The mastery of troubleshooting on electrotechnical systems
- A mastery of the use of test equipment (oscilloscope) and measurement equipment (multimeter)
- The mastery of computer equipment
Other technical skills are a real plus for your application:
- A knowledge of soldering techniques
- Knowledge in reading wiring diagrams
- Knowledge of how to use a pallet truck
And because a position is also about using your behavioral skills, you will need your :
- Sense of work well done
- Ability to analyze
- Willingness to progress
- Team spirit
- Strength of proposal
- Stress management/adaptability
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
What it's like to work in Bordeaux
Because working with us means starting a collaboration, the company offers you :
- Our friendly, entrepreneurial and collaborative work environment
- Interact, in an international environment, with colleagues from all over the world
- The opportunity to participate in an innovative product development project
- Brand new open-space premises to work in the best conditions (coffee is even offered!
- An ideal business location, close to the wine estates of Pessac-Léognan, while being close to the Bordeaux metropolis
- Onboarding to better understand the company's challenges and meet the teams on site
- Team-building events ✌
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Ready to power our sustainable future? Then join us and apply!