L3 Technical Support Engineer (French and English speaking)
30+ days ago
Following a strong growth in our activity, we are looking for a Technical Support Engineer L3, based in Leognan, near Bordeaux.
You have with a strong technical expertise in electronics and electricity ? You like to go on the field and customer relations? Want to help create a sustainable future of transportation that's better for everyone? If yes, read on to find out more !
We are the world leader in electric vehicle charging infrastructure and cloud-based charging management platforms. With more than 200,000 charging points installed worldwide, and more than 2,000 fast chargers in 70 countries, EVBox powers sustainable mobility by providing reliable charging solutions around the world.
In 2017, we were acquired by ENGIE and in 2018, we acquired the Bordeaux-based manufacturer of ultra-fast charging stations, EVTronic, adding 700 fast charging stations to our European network.
Today, with projects across Europe and America, we continue to improve the original recipe with a new generation of efficient, scalable and easy-to-use charging solutions.
For more information, visit Youtube at "EVBox Bordeaux | shaping the future of DC charging"
What you'll be doing
As part of the DC service level 3 team of experts, your mission will be to provide internal/external assistance on DC charging stations and contribute to customer satisfaction by improving service quality.
Under the responsibility of the DC Service level 3 Manager, you will be responsible for :
- Perform in-depth remote analysis of the charging stations (analysis of downloaded logs or direct connection to the charging station)
- Provide / offer technical support to your level 2+ colleagues
- If necessary, go to the customer's site and take charge the resolution of the technical problem
- Write a detailed report for each of your interventions (analysis or field intervention)
- Contribute to the phases (validation on pilot site, then deployment) of software and hardware evolutions on products
- Participate in the development of our database / troubleshooting in order to share experience within the support team
- Reading, improving and validating new product documentation (Troniq100, Ultroniq V2,...)
- Based on your experience in the industry, detect any possible improvement on the products
- Train your level 2+ colleagues on new products
- Advise/guide the L2+ contact person in a caring manner and determine whether the client case requires L3 support or should remain L2+
What you'll bring to the team
- A 2 to 5 years of higher education with a specialization in electricity, power electronics or electromechanical engineering
- Minimum 5 years (with 5 years of higher education) or 10 years (with 2 years of higher education) of field experience and customer relations as a Support Engineer
- Ideally previous experience in the automotive or energy industry
- The ability to travel frequently around the world (on average 20% of the time)
We absolutely need your following technical skills :
- A good knowledge of electronic principles (formulas, components, reading of electronic schematics)
- A good understanding of TCP/IP communications (modem, router, network card, mobile/ethernet network)
- Knowledge in electricity (electrical risks, orders of magnitude, measuring tools...)
- Very good oral and written communication in English and French
If you also have these technical skills, it's even better :
- Knowledge of communication standards/protocols
- Computer language skills (log analysis, Linus, C/C++ and/or other)
- Basic knowledge of mechanics and hydraulics (chassis, sealing, air conditioning)
- In-depth knowledge of the Electric Vehicle sector or a willingness to acquire it
And because a position is also about using your behavioral skills, you will need your :
- Perseverance and results-oriented culture
- Capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Stress Management
- Willingness to progress/questioning
- Sense of communication/pedagogy
- Team spirit
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
What it's like to work in Bordeaux
Because working with us means starting a collaboration, the company offers you :
- Our friendly, entrepreneurial and collaborative work environment
- Interact, in an international environment, with colleagues from all over the world
- The opportunity to participate in an innovative product development project
- Brand new open-space premises to work in the best conditions (coffee is even offered!
- An ideal business location, close to the wine estates of Pessac-Léognan, while being close to the Bordeaux metropolis
- Onboarding to better understand the company's challenges and meet the teams on site
- Team-building events ✌
Your recruitment experience with us
- If your application is selected, you will have an initial phone call with our Recruitment Officer
- And then? You will have a technical interview with the team leader
- Then another face-to-face meeting with our Recruitment Officer and the Team Leader to discuss other topics
- If you pass all these steps, it's time for you to start a new adventure at EVBox!
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Ready to power our sustainable future? Then join us and apply!
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.