Field Support Engineer (French and English speaking)
30+ days ago
In the context of a job creation following a strong growth in our activity, we are looking for an Field Support Engineer, based in Canéjan, near Bordeaux.
Are you looking for a predominantly technical position in electronics / embedded software and / or mechatronics for which you must travel regularly? Want to help create a sustainable future of transportation that's better for everyone? If yes, read on to find out more !
We are the world leader in electric vehicle charging infrastructure and cloud-based charging management platforms. With more than 300,000 charging points installed worldwide, and more than 2,000 fast chargers in 70 countries, EVBox powers sustainable mobility by providing reliable charging solutions around the world.
In 2017, we were acquired by ENGIE and in 2018, we acquired the Bordeaux-based manufacturer of ultra-fast charging stations, EVTronic, adding 700 fast charging stations to our European network.
Today, with projects across Europe and America, we continue to improve the original recipe with a new generation of efficient, scalable and easy-to-use charging solutions.
For more information, visit Youtube at "EVBox Bordeaux | shaping the future of DC charging"
Within the L2+ Support & Service team, your mission will be to support service partners in their skills development, to carry out commissioning, analysis, correction and after-sales support operations on the DC/HPC product range and to contribute to customer satisfaction through the improvement of service quality.
Under the responsibility of the DC Service and Support Manager L2+, you will be responsible for the following tasks :
- Remotely perform in-depth analyses on the charging stations (analysis of downloaded logs or direct connection to the station), following an L2 support escalation
- Provide technical support to service partners and colleagues
- If necessary, go to the customer site and take charge of solving the technical problem
- Write a detailed report for each of your interventions (analysis or field intervention)
- Contribute to the implementation of the service's documentation and to the improvement of its operation
- Participate to the phases (validation on pilot site then deployment) of software and hardware evolutions on the products
- Ensure the reporting of product non-conformities (technical, functional) and the characterization of bugs, starting from the commissioning of the product
- Contribute to our database in order to share experience and best practices with service partners and colleagues
- Train service partners and your colleagues in the technical expertise of quick charging stations
- Supervise the installation and commissioning of the pre-series and the first terminals of large projects
You're the person we're looking for if you have:
- 4+ years of experience supporting in technical support, hardware development, preferably in the industry
- An Engineer/Master's degree with a technical background or equivalent work experience, with a major in electronics/embedded systems, electrotechnical, telecommunication, robotic and/or mechatronics field
- An ability to travel frequently across Europe
- A previous experience in the automotive industry, sustainable transport, technical supply or energy industry
To be successful in this position, you need the following technical skills :
- Knowledges in electrotechnical/power electronics: hardware components, AC/DC conversion, EMC
- Good knowledge in embedded electronics : embedded Linux, CAN
- Computer programming knowledge : C, C#, python or raspberry
- Network knowledge : TCP/IP communication
- A very good verbal and written communication skills in English and French
Other technical skills are a real plus for your application:
- A good understanding of the processes involved in the life cycle of a product: development, industrialization, production and operation/management
- Mechanical and hydraulic notions: mechanical constraints, water circuits, air conditioning
To shine, you'll also need to use some soft skills, especially your :
- Great rigour
- Stress Management/Emotional Intelligence
- Willingness to progress
- Team spirit/cooperation
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
What it's like to work in Bordeaux
Because working with us means starting a collaboration, the company offers you :
- Our friendly, entrepreneurial and collaborative work environment
- Interact, in an international environment, with colleagues from all over the world
- The opportunity to participate in an innovative product development project
- Brand new open-space premises to work in the best conditions (coffee is even offered!
- An ideal business location, close to the wine estates of Pessac-Léognan, while being close to the Bordeaux metropolis
- Onboarding to better understand the company's challenges and meet the teams on site
- Team-building events ✌
Your recruitment experience with us
- If your application is selected, you will have an initial phone call with our Recruitment Officer
- And then? You will have a technical interview with the Hiring Manager
- Then another face-to-face meeting with our Recruitment Officer and the Team Leader to discuss other topics
- And finally a last exchange with an Hiring Plus Manager
- If you pass all these steps, it's time for you to start a new adventure at EVBox!
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Ready to power our sustainable future? Then join us and apply!
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.