Field Support Engineer (French and English speaking)
30+ days ago
In the context of a job creation following a strong growth in our activity, we are looking for an Field Support Engineer, based in Canéjan, near Bordeaux.
Are you looking for a predominantly technical position in electronics / embedded software and / or mechatronics for which you must travel regularly? Want to help create a sustainable future of transportation that's better for everyone? If yes, read on to find out more !
We are the world leader in electric vehicle charging infrastructure and cloud-based charging management platforms. With more than 300,000 charging points installed worldwide, and more than 2,000 fast chargers in 70 countries, EVBox powers sustainable mobility by providing reliable charging solutions around the world.
In 2017, we were acquired by ENGIE and in 2018, we acquired the Bordeaux-based manufacturer of ultra-fast charging stations, EVTronic, adding 700 fast charging stations to our European network.
Today, with projects across Europe and America, we continue to improve the original recipe with a new generation of efficient, scalable and easy-to-use charging solutions.
For more information, visit Youtube at "EVBox Bordeaux | shaping the future of DC charging"
Within the service and support team, your mission will be to provide after-sales support on HPC/DC products to certified/trained partners and contribute to customers' satisfaction through service quality improvement.
Under the responsibility of the DC Service and Support Manager, you will be responsible for the following tasks :
- Remotely perform in-depth analysis on charging stations (analysis of downloaded logs or direct connection to the charging station) and then provide technical support to service partners and your colleagues
- If necessary, go to the customer site and take charge of solving the technical problem
- Write a detailed report for each of your interventions (analysis or field intervention)
- Contribute to our database in order to share experience and best practices with service partners and colleagues
- Contribute to the implementation of the service's documentation and to the improvement of its operation
- Contribute to the phases (validation on pilot site then deployment) of software and hardware evolutions on the products
- Train service partners and your colleagues in the technical expertise of quick charging stations
- Supervise the installation and commissioning of the pre-series and the first terminals of large projects
- Ensure the reporting of product non-conformities (technical, functional) and the characterization of bugs, starting from the commissioning of the product
You're the person we're looking for if you have:
- 5+ years of experience supporting in technical support, hardware development, preferably in the industry
- An Engineer/Master's degree with a technical background or equivalent work experience, preferably with a major in Electricity, Power Electronics or Electro-mechanical field
- An ability to travel frequently across Europe, mostly France (70% of the time)
- A previous experience in the automotive industry, sustainable transport, technical supply or energy industry
To be successful in this position, you need the following technical skills :
- Good knowledge in embedded electronics : embedded Linux, CAN
- Computer programming knowledge : C, C#, python or rasberry
- Network knowledge : TCP/IP communication
- A very good verbal and written communication skills in English and French
Other technical skills are a real plus for your application:
- Knowledge in electrotechnical/power electronics: hardware components, AC/DC conversion, EMC
- A good understanding of the processes involved in the life cycle of a product: development, industrialization, production and operation/management
- Mechanical and hydraulic notions: mechanical constraints, water circuits, air conditioning
To shine, you'll also need to use some soft skills, especially your :
- Great rigour
- Stress Management/Emotional Intelligence
- Willingness to progress
- Team spirit/cooperation
Working at EVBox Bordeaux
Because working with us means starting a collaboration, the company offers you :
- The opportunity to participate in a project for the development of innovative products
- The opportunity to participate in a 0 emission future
- Brand new open-space to work in the best conditions (even coffee is offered! )
- An ideal business location, close to the Pessac-Léognan wineries, yet close to the Bordeaux city center
- To work in an ambitious and fast-growing international company
- The possibility to evolve in a dynamic and flexible environment
- An onboarding in Amsterdam to understand the company's challenges and meet the teams
- Team-building events ✌
- Meal voucher
Your future team will also be able to bring you:
- A management of proximity with great communication, autonomy and initiative
- The opportunity to be part of a reliable, human and passionate team
If you want to follow the life of the company, it's here : evboxglobal on Instagram
Your recruitment experience with us
- If your application is selected, you will have an initial phone call with our Recruitment Officer
- And then? You will have a technical interview with the team leader
- Then another face-to-face meeting with our Recruitment Officer and the Team Leader to discuss other topics
- And finally a last exchange with our Managing Director
- If you pass all these steps, it's time for you to start a new adventure at EVBox!
Convinced? Then join us and apply!
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.