VAT and Reporting Specialist
30+ days ago
We're looking for a VAT and Reporting Specialist to join our team in Amsterdam. To be successful in this role you should be passionate about preparing financial statements and reporting in compliance with accounting principles.
Want to help create a sustainable future of transportation that's better for everyone? If yes, then take a look at what your role with us will entail.
We empower forward-thinking businesses to build a sustainable future by providing flexible and scalable electric vehicle charging solutions. As charging needs evolve, you'll be helping us to provide the infrastructure and expertise needed to make electric mobility the norm around the world.
What you'll be doing
You will be responsible for managing and preparing our VAT filings and financial statements. You will work from our office in Amsterdam and report to the Director of Financial Reporting.
Your main responsibilities will include, but aren't limited to:
Role and responsibilities
- Responsible for the preparation of our various financial reporting requirements (e.g., statutory, group reporting, regulatory);
- Overseeing our statutory and VAT filings requirements, and working with the local accountants throughout the Group;
- Obtaining data from SAP for VAT and statutory reporting compliance;
- Preparing monthly VAT balance sheet reconciliations;
- Preparing our intrastat reporting and reconciliations to our VAT filings;
- Preparing Financial Statement under IFRS;
- Supporting and managing the audit process for our non-Dutch entities;
- Supporting the audit of the Group and assisting in responding to auditor requests;
- Understanding the various IFRS reporting requirement and Tax requirements and supporting them with the data required;
- Assisting on special projects and implementation of new accounting standards;
- Ensuring compliance with all Dutch government and regulatory requirements; and
- Responding timely and accurately to all communications from the Dutch government and belastingdienst, including the annual census and other similar survey requests.
You'll be leaving your mark in this important field for a sustainable future.
What you'll bring to the team
Technical Skills/ Hard Skills
- Previous "Big 4" experience a plus, and working experience performing VAT filings
- Experience and knowledge of Dutch financial reporting requirements and regulations, as well as international statutory and regulatory filing requirements
- SAP experience required
- A Bachelor/University degree in accounting / finance, or Specialised Certification (RA)
- Minimum 5 years of Accounting experience with a strong financial statement analysis and/or auditing background
- Sound knowledge of IFRS
- Candidates should understand how financial statements are prepared, how the statements tie together, how to review financial statements, and understand auditor requests
We want you to demonstrate
- Proactive, solution-oriented mindset with a clear ability to identify and pursue improvements.
- Energetic, curious with a strong desire to learn and grow, and willing to go the extra mile.
- Able to work independently and be a good team player.
- Fluent in Dutch and English, verbally and in writing
Additional benefits we bring to the table
- Holiday Swap (2 days)
- Access to learning platforms and personal development budget
- Volunteer Day
- Work from anywhere for 2 weeks
- Work from home (even post-corona) + budget to set up your home office
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
What it's like to work at Amsterdam
We work together to power our sustainable future. Here's what drives us:
- Our friendly, entrepreneurial, and collaborative work environment
- Working to help grow one of the key regions in Europe with your work
- Bringing new ideas that are always highly appreciated
- Interacting in an environment with colleagues from all over the world
- Working in a brand new office in Amsterdam West that meets all your needs (when not working from home)
You must be eligible to work in the Netherlands.
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Ready to power our sustainable future? Hit apply.
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.