Technical Support Engineer
30+ days ago
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer this role to anyone not currently able to live and work in the EU. We can not provide visa sponsorship for this vacancy.
We believe in a future where daily transportation is emission-free and sustained by smart charging infrastructure. That's why we've made it our goal to accelerate the adoption of electric mobility by bringing the most accessible and scalable charging solutions to the world. However, the transition from gas to electric cars will change a great deal of what we know about transportation. We're going to need EV charging infrastructure that is accessible, reliable, and future-proof. That's where you come in!
At EVBox, we believe that when people feel valued and rewarded their potential is unlimited. We offer competitive salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance.
We promote within, offering learning and development opportunities, including your own personal budget, and we also provide the following benefits as standard:
- 25 holiday days
- Work from abroad for up to 4 weeks
- Private pension contribution
- Discount on medical insurance
- Commuting allowance
- Holiday Swap (2 days)
- No one likes a show-off, but our offices in Kabelweg are really cool.. although a lot of us work from home 2-3 days a week too.
That's not all. We understand that everyone is different, so we try to offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle.
Get to know the team
Our Technical Support team provides a high level of technical support for Charging Stations across an array of complex issues within our AC product line. We make sure that our partners and customers receive the right support for their specific issues, and help them develop their own technical competency. It's important for us to provide the right level of visibility and resolve queries efficiently. This can be mostly a remote job (60%), with some travel needed to our offices (40%). If you prefer to go into the office more, you're always welcome!
- supporting questions raised by our supplier and installation partners;
- resolving more complex issues;
- escalating the issues with proper documentation to our L3 teams;
- coordinating corrective and preventive action plans with the L3 Engineering team.
- Track concerns and tasks and follow up on tickets in the available incident management system (Salesforce)
- Resolve customer / partner's issues on charging hardware operations and installations
- Resolve customer / partner's issues on our software systems
- Performing root cause analysis on new issues faced
- Perform deep analyses of technical inquiries and provide feedback on hardware and firmware development
- Ensure proper escalation of issues and follow up
- Communicate with installers and partners per e-mail and telephone
- Document and follow-up with technical incidents including providing feedback to the relevant teams internally (i.e. Quality, Supply Chain, L3 Support, Project Management)
- Develop a deep technical understanding of the product and its lifecycle
You'll be leaving your mark in this important field for a sustainable future.
What we'd like you to bring to our team:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (electrical engineering, electronics, mechanical engineering or similar)
- Fluency in English and one of the following: Dutch, German or French
- At least 3 years of work experience in technical support roles, ideally within technology / energy / electrical / automotive companies
- Some experience working with hardware
- Any experience with cloud connected embedded systems, or programming / scripting languages (i.e. embedded C, JSON, XML) is advantageous (but not mandatory)
- Good understanding of customer support / call centre operations (telephony, case management tools and processes)
- Some previous experience with ticketing systems is advantageous (i.e. Salesforce)
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Strong customer-centric mindset, willingness to help others
- Ability to influence and empathise with remote teams
- Excellent verbal, writing and typing skills
We're not looking for you to tick all the boxes we listed above. What matters most is that we share the same values, passion and work ethic. Don't let the imposter syndrome get in the way of a great career move and apply—we'd love to hear from you.
Ready to power our sustainable future? Hit apply. Want us to know why you're interested - a short cover letter always helps!
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
We work together to power our sustainable future. Here's what drives us:
- Our friendly, entrepreneurial, and collaborative work environment
- Working to help grow one of the key regions in Europe with your work
- Bringing new ideas that are always highly appreciated
- Interacting in an environment with colleagues from all over the world
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.