Strategic Buyer Junior
30+ days ago
We're looking for a Strategic Buyer Junior to join our team in Amsterdam. To be successful in this role you should be passionate about Supporting all purchase related activities for operational excellence with out external manufacturers, and performance management of assigned suppliers and be able to ensure KPIs are achieved with allocated suppliers in Cost, Delivery and Quality - supporting other functions to drive improvements where necessary.
Want to help create a sustainable future of transportation that's better for everyone? If yes, then take a look at what your role with us will entail.
We empower forward-thinking businesses to build a sustainable future by providing flexible and scalable electric vehicle charging solutions.
You'll be helping us to create a sustainable future of transportation with quick thinking and clear communication that'll keep all of our operations running smoothly.
Get to know the team
As a Strategic Buyer Junior based in Amsterdam office you will be part of the Purchasing/Sourcing team that is responsible for cost management and delivering savings and risk avoidance, ensuring supply chain can meet scale up demands and leading purchasing activities for Operations and NPI support.
"I'm proud to see that even in times of crisis, our employees at EVBox Group have proved, yet again, to be passionate and reliable, and have shown that they will never stop pushing to help EVBox Group realize a more sustainable future." – Kristof, CEO of EVBox Group
For more information, check out our YouTube video "Kristof Vereenooghe, CEO of EVBox Group, reflects on 2020 and discusses the journey ahead"
What you'll be doing
"You will work on supplier relationship and cost management for allocated areas, performance support for delivery and quality metrics and ensuring supply chain capacity can meet forecast demands, cross functional project lead on purchasing activities to support NPI, Engineering, Sourcing and other functions. You will work from our office in Amsterdam and report to the Manager, Purchasing."
Your main responsibilities will include, but aren't limited to:
- Responsible for supplier management of selected Component and Accessories.
- Support Operations and Panning team with issue resolution for deliveries
- Manage pricing for all parts within scope and ensure all purchase records are kept up to date
- Work with other members of the supply chain team to identify obsolete / excess materials and coordinate disposition
- Work with other members of the supply chain team to identify obsolete materials and coordinate disposition
- Communicate, coordinate and lead product changes effectively
You'll be leaving your mark in this important field for a sustainable future.
What you'll bring to the team
Technical Skills/ Hard Skills
- Excel and Powerpoint
- 2 years of procurement experience
We want you to demonstrate
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Analysis and negotiation of cost breakdowns
If you have any of these, even better
- Knowledge of procurement in external manufacturing environment or scale up environment beneficial
Additional benefits we bring to the table
- Holiday Swap (2 days)
- Access to learning platforms and personal development budget
- Volunteer Day
- Work from anywhere for 2 weeks
- Work from home (even post-corona) + budget to set up your home office
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
What it's like to work at Amsterdam
We work together to power our sustainable future. Here's what drives us:
- Our friendly, entrepreneurial, and collaborative work environment
- Working to help grow one of the key regions in Europe with your work
- Bringing new ideas that are always highly appreciated
- Interacting in an environment with colleagues from all over the world
- Working in a brand new office in Amsterdam West that meets all your needs (when not working from home)
You must be eligible to work in the Netherlands.
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Ready to power our sustainable future? Hit apply.