Software Engineer, Quality Assurance
As the software engineer at EVBox, you contribute to our solutions while being a member of one of the teams working on a particular product domain.
If you feel that your interest, knowledge, and experience are aligned with one of the domains below, please let us know.
The device management domain is responsible for the IoT element of our solution. It focuses on the management and monitoring of charging stations, including communication with devices, exposing operational capabilities, and actionable data insights. It empowers our customers to make the right decision and have a seamless experience managing devices at scale.
This domain is focused on EV charging infrastructure monetization by enabling the processing of financial transactions and payments, providing invoicing solutions, subscription management, and others. The monetization domain enables our end users to leverage various reliable revenue generation streams to build a profitable EV charging business.
Platform Foundation is in charge of the most crucial and core elements of our solutions. They manage cloud infrastructure, data platform, core services, and many aspects of the developer's experience. Next to being responsible for authentication and authorization, global search and notifications services, Platform Foundation teams support other teams in building scalable and secure solutions.
At EVBox, we empower forward-thinking businesses to build a sustainable future by providing top-notch EV Charging management solutions.
Being a QA engineer at EV-Box means a lot. Not only that you will have the opportunity to improve our software, but also, by doing that, you are helping on the mission to make the world better and greener place to live.
As a QA engineer, you will be involved in various development processes and we expect you to be the person who will wave the quality banner over the team and who will act as a guardian of the quality gate.
We can proudly say that our QA engineers have the responsibility to help the team navigate the difficult road to releasing bug free software.
Now, we need another person on board. Are you the engineer that we need?
What you will do
- Be the quality guardian for your team
- Ensure the highest quality of our products and services by setting up QA process across the team
- Contribute to the creation and setup of all kinds of automated tests like component tests, integration API, and E2E tests
- Be involved in the design of test strategies and test planning
- Create acceptance criteria and define test cases
- Conduct exploratory testing if needed
- Work with the team to ensure the quality of features and technical deliverables in the sprint
- Challenge the existing testing solutions and procedures, find improvements and optimizations wherever possible, and implement them
- Be comfortable with hands-on approach toward testing and test automation
- Contribute to our chapters and guilds
What we need from you
- Comfortable with writing code and follow the best practices
- Hands-on experience with modern test automation frameworks like Playwright or Cypress
- Experience with writing automated API tests
- 6+ years experience in manual (exploratory) testing, experience in applying various test design techniques
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure providers (preferably GCP)
- Good knowledge and understanding of SQL databases
- Motivation to build high-quality solutions quickly without mentorship
- Curiosity and strong collaboration skills
- Passion for quality
Bonus points if you have some of the following:
- Experience with testing of distributed systems
- Experience in performance, load, security, and user testing
- Hands-on experience working with GCP
- Hands on experience working with databases (testing wise)
- Knowledge of Site Reliability Engineering concepts
- Understanding of Microservices and Federated app architectures
Our tech stack
- Backend: Java, Spring Boot, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, REST-assured, Pact, microservices/SOA architecture
- Frontend: Vanilla JS, Angular.js, Vue.js, Pact, Playwright, TestCafe, module federation/federated app architecture
- Gradle, Webpack, Storybook, JIRA, Confluence, GitLab, QTest
- GCP, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Linux
What do we offer
- Competitive salary
- The yearly budget for professional growth and access to educational platforms
- Holiday Swap (2 days) and Volunteer Day
- Work from anywhere for 2 weeks
- Work from home + budget to set up your home office
- Help with relocation if joining from outside of the Netherlands
- Opportunity to work for a truly global and multicultural team
- Great people, amazing products, and plenty of room to grow professionally
About EVBox and Everon
We believe in a future where daily transportation is emission-free and sustained by smart charging infrastructure. That's why we've made it our goal to accelerate the adoption of electric mobility by bringing the most accessible and scalable charging solutions to the world. However, the transition from gas to electric cars will change a great deal of what we know about transportation. We're going to need EV charging infrastructure that is accessible, reliable, and future-proof. As part of EVBox, we offer turn-key charging management software that's built from the ground up to be global, highly scalable, end-user-focused, and secure.
Do you see yourself as truly passionate about the EV industry? Do you show affinity with renewable technologies and products? Then we might be looking for you! Our growth and success are driven by the passion and dedication of everyone here in the EVBox family.
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Ready to power our sustainable future? Hit apply!
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.