Senior UX/UI Designer - Mobile apps
EVBox is the leading global manufacturer of electric vehicle charging stations and charging management software. With over 350,000 charging points across more than 55 countries worldwide, we help electric drivers access charging infrastructure at any point in their journey.
Today, with many projects running across Europe, North America, South America, and Asia, we move forward by perfecting our original recipe with the next generation of hardware and software that is energy-efficient, future-proof, and easy to use.
The growth and success of EVBox are driven by the passion and dedication of everyone in the company.
EVBox has grown into an international team across multiple offices in Europe and the United States. Today, over 600 driven professionals are working for EVBox. As a fast-growing scale-up within the beating heart of the clean tech industry.
About the role
As a senior UX/UI designer, you will be part of our design team that together with Product managers and development teams creates the end-to-end experience for users of our charging stations.
You will be in charge of understanding our end-user needs and designing intuitive and delightful experiences for our mobile apps. You will collaborate with the other designers and Product managers on how those interactions fit in the ecosystem of charging stations and station management software.
We see ourselves as a team of happy and creative people. We spread positive vibes and meaningful designs, and share a passion for building great products. We are here to make a difference. We value open collaboration, constructive design reviews, and knowledge sharing. Quality, consistency, and usability have become our foundation as a team. Check out our design system at design.everon.io to get a glimpse of what we are doing.
- Research user needs, become the voice of the user in product discussions, and share your insights with the technology department
- Map detailed user journeys, low-fidelity wireframes, and other artifacts to support the discovery of new product features. Collaborate with the Product Managers and Tech Leads
- Present a design vision to stakeholders in a compelling way and ensure that it is scalable and consistent
- Execute that vision with different development teams one step at a time
- Create high-fidelity designs and work closely with tech writers to refine the designs
- Collaborate with the other designers in your team to create consistent experiences across all touch points.
- Validate your design assumptions regularly through user tests and iterate as needed.
- Define design success metrics for the solutions delivered
- Contribute to building, maintaining, and improving our design system
The experience we expect you'll bring:
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience as a UX/UI designer, including designing mobile apps
- Understanding how design needs directly contribute to the overall company and product strategy, and you have proven experience of how you implemented this in the past
- Digital portfolio to demonstrate your experience (website, PDF, or anything else of your choice)
- Ability to apply design thinking in a company
- Clear communication, strong storytelling, and presentation skills. Power to convince, influence, and inspire different audiences
- Ability to successfully work in a high pace, rapidly-changing environment
- Professional knowledge of Figma and ZeroHeight, and you are always up to date with the latest available technologies
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Fluency in English
Bonus points if you
- Know how to animate an illustration and export it to LottieFiles
- Have an e-mobility industry experience
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- The yearly budget for professional growth and access to educational platforms
- Holiday Swap (2 days) and Volunteer Day
- Hybrid working model + budget to set up your home office
- Help with relocation if joining from outside of the Netherlands
- Beautiful office in Amsterdam
- Opportunity to work for a truly global and multicultural team
- Great people, amazing products, and plenty of room to grow professionally
- Chance to influence our zero-emission future
Are you ready for some meaningful challenge? Then apply! We may be looking for you!
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.