Powering our sustainable future, together
We live in an era where electric mobility is "the new normal." Whereas over the past decade, electric vehicles were only for the few, today they are for everyone. Welcome to the electric era. Enter EVBox.
Founded in 2010, EVBox empowers forward-thinking businesses to build a sustainable future by providing flexible and scalable electric vehicle charging solutions. With its offering of residential, commercial, and fast charging stations, as well as scalable charging management software, EVBox ensures that electric mobility is accessible to everyone.
We believe in a future where daily transportation is emission-free and sustained by smart charging infrastructure. That's why we've made it our goal to accelerate the adoption of electric mobility by bringing the most accessible and scalable charging solutions to the world. However, the transition from gas to electric cars will change a great deal of what we know about transportation.
The growth and success of EVBox is driven by the passion and dedication of everyone in the company. Today, EVBox has grown into an international team across multiple offices in Europe and the United States, with hundreds of driven professionals from different walks of life working for us.
About the Team
At Everon, a part of EVBox, our focus is on delivering a cutting-edge EV charging management system that enables forward-thinking businesses to pave the way for a sustainable tomorrow.
Our team of engineers is dedicated to creating novel products, improving current solutions, and tackling intriguing obstacles on a daily basis. This dynamic environment thrives on a culture centered around accountability and the pursuit of excellence. Each individual is empowered to make daring choices and take ownership of the solutions they craft.
About the Role
As a Senior Solution Architect, you will join our Architecture team and play a crucial role in designing and architecting the solutions that power our state-of-the-art EV charging and energy management solution. Your efforts will be firmly rooted in a robust dedication to prioritizing both technical excellence and delivering customer value.
You will collaborate with cross-functional teams and other Agile Release Trains (AC and DC), including engineers, product managers, and designers, to influence the technological trajectory of Everon. By integrating customer needs and aspirations, your expertise will be instrumental in ensuring the scalability, reliability, and availability of our software, thereby delivering tangible value to our users. Your contributions will directly contribute to the success of EVBox's mission to accelerate the adoption of electric vehicles worldwide.
In this role you will:
- Lead the architecture and technical design of Everon, considering scalability, modularity, maintainability, and performance.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and stakeholders to define requirements and ensure alignment with our business goals.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to engineering teams, promoting our Everon principles, best practices, and continuous improvement.
- Evaluate and recommend technologies, tools, and frameworks.
- Identify and mitigate technical risks, proactively addressing challenges to ensure the successful delivery of high-quality products.
- Drive innovation by staying updated with industry trends – through EV consortiums and emerging technologies, and propose strategic architectural enhancements to keep Everon at the forefront of the market.
- Participate in design reviews and architectural discussions, fostering a collaborative and innovative engineering culture.
- Contribute to the documentation of architectural decisions, design patterns, and standards.
- You have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- You have over 8 years of experience as a Solution Architect or a similar role, with a focus on designing complex, scalable, and distributed software systems.
- You have strong expertise in software architecture patterns, microservices, APIs, and cloud-based architectures (preferably GCP or similar).
- You have proficiency in multiple programming languages (e.g., Java, Python, Go) and a track record of developing high-quality, maintainable code.
- You are familiar with DevOps practices and continuous integration/continuous deployment.
- You have excellent problem-solving skills and a proactive approach to addressing technical challenges.
- You have effective communication, stakeholder management and leadership skills, with the ability to collaborate across teams and departments.
- You have excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- It's a bonus if you have experience with EV charging management systems.
What to expect from us
At EVBox, we believe that when people feel valued and rewarded, they can reach their full potential. That's why we offer competitive salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always has a positive impact on performance. Furthermore, our benefits offering includes health and wellbeing, insurance benefits, retirement programs, as well as service awards—not to mention various social and recreational activities, some of which are location specific.
Globally, we offer the following benefits as standard:
- WFH budget to set up a home office
- Annual Personal Development budget to be spent on external courses/trainings
- Leadership coaching and training
- Online training courses offered (currently through Coursera)
- Support for mental health and wellbeing
- Company contribution to ClassPass subscription
- Volunteering day time off
Are you passionate about the EV industry? Do you have an interest in renewable resources, new sustainable technologies, and clean future-proof products? Our growth and success are driven by the passion and dedication of everyone here at EVBox.
We're not looking for you to tick all the boxes we listed above. What matters most is that we share the same values, passion and work ethic. Don't let the imposter syndrome get in the way of a great career move and apply—we'd love to hear from you.
Across our 8 locations, more than 700 EVBoxers work together to provide electric vehicle charging solutions that help businesses move forward. Are you ready to join them? Hit apply. Want us to know why you're interested—a short cover letter always helps!
At EVBox, we are committed to a non-discriminatory approach, providing equal opportunity for employment and advancement in all our teams and programs. We believe in an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace where all employees, no matter their gender, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education or disability, feel valued and respected. We respect and value diverse life experiences, heritages and ensure that all voices are heard.Where possible, we provide accommodations for people with disabilities to support your participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.
Do you want to get to know us even better? Then pay a visit to our Career page, blog or check out our social media channels: LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read about how EVBox processes your personal data here.
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.