Senior Software Engineering Manager, Platform Foundation
15 days ago
We're looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineering Manager, Platform Foundation to join our Everon team within EVBox Group in Amsterdam. To be successful in this role you should be passionate about building technology and data platforms, modern infrastructure, communicate with stakeholders and be curious about our product, and be able to reliably deliver the best solution to our users.
Want to help create a sustainable future of transportation that's better for everyone? If yes, then take a look at what your role with us will entail.
At Everon, we empower forward-thinking businesses to build a sustainable future. As part of the EVBox Group we offer a full service that's built from the ground up to be global, future proof, API-first, highly scalable, end-user focused, and secure.
You'll be helping us create a sustainable future of transportation with quick thinking and clear communication, keeping our operations running smoothly.
Get to know the team
As Senior Manager, Mobile development, based in the Amsterdam office you will be part of the leadership team. You will be building and leading various platform teams and be (co-) responsible for our platform foundation vision and strategy.
"People here are very bright and open. The industry we work in is so fresh, flexible, and undefined. Especially in the Software space, where you can leave your footprint wherever you go." – Piotr, CTO Everon
For more information, check out our YouTube video "#10YearsofEVBox | the founding of Everon".
What you'll be doing
As a Senior Software Engineering Manager of Platform Foundation, you will be managing teams of engineers responsible for some of the most crucial capabilities of our software platform, including core infrastructure, data layer, core services, and many aspects of the developers' experience.
You are technically credible, have built great software platforms in the past, and know the details of what engineers work on. Your time will be spent on hiring a world-class team, putting engineers and teams in the best position to succeed. You will own the delivery of commitments and are always looking to improve productivity. You will be partnering with the engineering leaders from across the organization to deliver solutions and tools for both external and internal stakeholders and to help align product technology stacks with preferred technologies. You will also set and implement policies related to DevOps and SRE practices.
You will work from our office in Amsterdam and report to Everon CTO.
Your main responsibilities will include, but aren't limited to:
- Lead, motivate and inspire platform teams to deliver best in class solutions
- Manage engineering resources ensuring that teams are always focusing on the most important things and communicate priorities to create a shared understanding of goals
- Work with different partners from across the organization to deeply understand the needs of product development teams and their business objectives to deliver at scale
- Collaborate with other parts of the organization to create engineering plans including timeframes, milestones, quality, reliability, and performance goals
- Build and execute the technical strategy and roadmap for the platform foundation teams and contribute to the overall technical product strategy
- Build and scale operational processes and improve engineering practices
- Make decisions and provide recommendations regarding new designs, integrations, features, architecture, data, and infrastructure
- Hire, retain and grow engineering talent
You'll be leaving your mark in this important field for a sustainable future.
What you'll bring to the team
Technical Skills/ Hard Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in cloud and infrastructure engineering/data engineering/software engineering
- Extensive, 4+ years of people management experience, growing and coaching teams
- Proven experience building software platforms and working with infrastructure and platform teams
- Strong experience with cloud-based infrastructure providers (preferably GCP)
- Have experience with Nginx, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, and one or more programming/scripting languages: Java, Scala, Go, Python
- Experience building and optimizing "big data" data pipelines, architectures, and data sets
We want you to demonstrate
- You're an expert in the broad area of platform development with the ability to cover infrastructure and a good understanding of data solutions
- You are well familiar with concepts of DevOps and SRE
- Ability to build strong positive relationships with engineers, product, and leaders
- Understanding engineering architecture and trade-offs
- Strong communication and articulation skills in English (and preferably in other languages). Willing to work with a multicultural team
- Able to make quick informed decisions under pressure and prioritize appropriately based on urgency
- Experience with agile, lean practices, and methodologies
- Able to execute defined processes as well as provide constructive feedback for improvement
Additional benefits we bring to the table
- Competitive salary
- The yearly budget for professional growth and access to educational platforms
- Holiday Swap (2 days) and Volunteer Day
- Work from anywhere for 2 weeks
- Work from home (including post-corona) + budget to set up your home office
- Help with relocation if joining from outside of the Netherlands
- Opportunity to work for a truly global and multicultural team
- Great people, amazing products, and plenty of room to grow professionally
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Ready to power our sustainable future? Hit apply!
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.