Senior Software Architect - E-Mobility
30+ days ago
Who we are
We believe in a future where daily transportation is emission-free and sustained by smart charging infrastructure. That's why we've made it our goal to accelerate the adoption of electric mobility by bringing the most accessible and scalable charging solutions to the world. However, the transition from gas to electric cars will change a great deal of what we know about transportation. We're going to need EV charging infrastructure that is accessible, reliable, and future-proof.
The Embedded Software Department
Our Embedded Software department is made up of 8 teams, who are working on all levels, starting with development on the microcontrollers up to application-layer C/C++ programming on Linux, enabling the communication between the charging station and the outside world. The Software Architecture team is the driving force behind all of our teams, guiding, challenging, and collaborating with the developers and project managers towards our sprints' goals.
We are now looking for a Senior Software Architect - E-Mobility to join our embedded department in Amsterdam. The Software Architecture Team is responsible for all embedded solutions of our AC EV charging infrastructure. They keep a pulse on everything related to code development and beyond. While guiding and advising the development teams, they also keep track of the system requirements, as well as the needs of the product, hardware and industrialisation teams.
In this role, you'll get to…
…be in a unique position to use your technical and interpersonal skills to help development teams and product management to create new product features.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Defining the static and dynamic aspects of our embedded Linux systems
- Working on the bigger picture of our software architecture, from peripherals and microcontrollers to integrated SoCs
- Creating and communicating relevant architectural views for our software solutions
- Evaluating alternative architectural designs
- Refining the architecture with cyber security engineers and safety engineers
- Reviewing functional software requirements and define non-functional software requirements
- Reviewing system requirements and define system elements realized in software
- Guide multiple software development teams as technical lead and provide development guidelines
- Prepare and make technical decisions together with the software architecture team and with technical management
- Work closely with the program management to define features for our agile software development
We're looking for people who have:
- A university degree in computer science or a similar discipline
- Multiple years of experience as a software architect or in another technical lead role
- Excellent knowledge of embedded Linux environments
- Very good knowledge of UML
- Good understanding of software quality
- Knowledge of network communication layers (Wi-Fi, UMTS/LTE, Bluetooth) and communication protocols (WebSocket, TCP/IP)
- Outstanding communication skills
If you have any of these, even better:
- Knowledge in data encryption and security principles
- Knowledge of functional safety and experience with safety-critical systems
- Experience with model based design
- Experience in C, C++, Lua and Python
At EVBox, we believe that when people feel valued and rewarded their potential is unlimited. As well as offering learning and development opportunities, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 holiday days
- Private pension contribution
- Holiday swap (2 days);
- Work from home and a budget to set up your home office
- Work from anywhere for 4 weeks
- Up to 3 days remote working, including working from home allowance of EUR 2 net per day (actual amount of days per week in consultation with your manager)
- Budget of 600 Euro to set up your home office
- Commuting allowance
At EVBox, we believe in a future where daily transportation is ecologically sound and is sustained by smart charging infrastructure. That's why we've made it our goal to accelerate the adoption of electric mobility by bringing the most accessible and scalable charging solutions to the world. However, the transition from ICEs to electric vehicles will change a great deal of what we know about mobility. We're going to need EV charging infrastructure that is accessible, reliable, and future-proof.
Are you passionate about the EV industry? Do you have an interest in renewable resources, new sustainable technologies, and clean future-proof products? Our growth and success are driven by the passion and dedication of everyone here at EVBox.
Across our 13 locations, more than 900 EVBoxers work together to provide electric vehicle charging solutions that help businesses move forward. Are you ready to join them?
We're not looking for you to tick all the boxes we listed above. What matters most is that we share the same values, passion and work ethic. Don't let the imposter syndrome get in the way of a great career move and apply—we'd love to hear from you.
Plus, if you're a match, we'll help you get there. You'll be ticking these boxes in no time.
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.