Senior Embedded Software Engineer (C/C++)
30+ days ago
We're looking for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer to join our agile software development team in Amsterdam or alternative: in Germany (remote / Essen). To be successful in this role you should be passionate about overall product development strategy for embedded systems.
Want to help create a sustainable future of transportation that's better for everyone? If yes, then take a look at what your role with us will entail.
We empower forward-thinking businesses to build a sustainable future by providing flexible and scalable electric vehicle charging solutions.
You'll be contributing to the way our innovative charging solutions are designed, built, and maintained. At every stage, our solutions need to be in peak condition to make electric mobility easy and affordable for businesses and drivers around the world.
Get to know the team
You will be part of our Embedded Software team reporting to the Embedded Software Team Lead.
"EVBox gives us the freedom to work the way we want, and this is reflected in our high level of productivity—especially now that we're working from home. The company culture is the reason why so many people join. When I first started, there were around 45 EVBoxers at the company. Today, there are more than 600 of us." – Borja, Regional Director Southern Europe
For more information, check out our YouTube video "#10YearsofEVBox | What will your story be?"
What you'll be doing
As a Software Engineer you will join our agile software development team developing new embedded solutions for charging infrastructure electronics. The team is continuously developing and delivering reliable solutions for remotely accessible charging stations. You will contribute to work on the overall product development strategy for embedded systems.
Your main responsibilities will include, but aren't limited to:
- Develop, test, and maintain embedded Linux and microcontroller solutions in C/C++
- Take ownership for software design and requirement engineering for our existing and future software platform for charging infrastructure
- Create reliable software for remotely accessible charging stations (both AC & DC), enabling remote control, monitoring, troubleshooting and over-the-air updates
- Guide Technical Support Engineers on new electronics setups and software releases
- Work closely together with product owners and software architects
- Guide junior team members
What you'll bring to the team
Technical Skills/ Hard Skills
- University degree in computer science or in a similar technical field
- Strong software skills in an embedded environment
- More than 3 years of relevant experience in C or C++ development
- Familiar with unit testing, continuous integration and version control systems (Git)
- Proven track record in successful software delivery for commercial systems, consumer products, industrialization of softwareGood understanding of software quality
If you have any of these, even better
- Experience with communication standards and platforms (WebSocket, TCP/IP)
- Experience in network communication layers (Wi-Fi, UMTS/LTE, Bluetooth)
- Familiar with middleware solutions for embedded systems
- Experience in shell and other scripting languages (e.g. Python or Lua)
- Knowledge of data encryption and security principles is a plus.
- Experience in working with Docker
- Experience with working in agile teams
You'll be leaving your mark in this important field for a sustainable future.
What do we offer
- Competitive salary
- Brand new office in Amsterdam West and alternatively: For Germany: Office in Essen.
- Option to work remotely (even post Covid-19 :) )
- Budget to set up your home office
- Private pension contribution
- Discounted medical insurance
- Commuting allowance
- 25 vacation days and 2 days of holiday swap
- Volunteer day
- Work from anywhere for 2 weeks
- Access to learning platforms and personal development budget
EVBox does not accept resumes of candidates from agencies or other intermediaries. Any such profiles will be disregarded. In case EVBox concluded an employment agreement with any of those candidates, this shall not create any right for, and no fees are owed to the agency who submitted such a resume.
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
What it's like to work at Amsterdam
We work together to power our sustainable future. Here's what drives us:
- Our friendly, entrepreneurial, and collaborative work environment
- Working to help grow one of the key regions in Europe with your work
- Bringing new ideas that are always highly appreciated
- Interacting in an environment with colleagues from all over the world
- Working in a brand new office in Amsterdam West that meets all your needs (when not working from home)
Your interviewing stages might look something like
- Your resume will be reviewed by our team. If your application is selected, you will send you an offline coding test.
- It's always good to meet your coworkers. You will have a technical interview with our team members.
- Get ready to meet the hiring manager.
- Your final stage will be an interview with the Management Team.
- Before extending an offer we might request 2 references.
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Ready to power our sustainable future? Hit apply.
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.