Senior Embedded Software Engineer (C/C++)
30+ days ago
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands / Essen, Germany
We're looking for Senior Embedded Software Engineers to join our agile software development team in Amsterdam or alternatively, in our soon-to-be-opened office in Essen, Germany (until then remotely from Germany). To be successful in this role you should be passionate about overall product development strategy for embedded systems. You will be able to apply this passion in the context of electrical vehicle charging stations, where you contribute to our company's mission of enabling consumers to move with zero emissions.
What you'll be doing
As a Software Engineer you will join our agile software development team developing new embedded solutions for charging infrastructure electronics. The team is continuously developing and delivering reliable solutions for remotely accessible charging stations. You will contribute to work on the overall product development strategy for embedded systems.
We are looking for multiple Software Engineers to join one of our 8 Embedded Software Teams, who are working on all levels, starting with development on the microcontrollers up to application-layer C programming on Linux, enabling the communication between the charging station and the outside world. EVBox is also continuously looking to improve its soft- and hardware by modernizing processes and migrating legacy to more encompassing languages like C++.
Your main responsibilities will include, but aren't limited to:
- Develop, test, and maintain embedded Linux and microcontroller solutions in C
- Aid the migration of most of our teams' legacy code from C to C++ in the upcoming months
- Take ownership for software design and requirement engineering for our existing and future software platform for charging infrastructure
- Create reliable software for remotely accessible charging stations (both AC & DC), enabling remote control, monitoring, troubleshooting and over-the-air updates
- Guide Technical Support Engineers on new electronics setups and software releases
- Work closely together with product owners and software architects
- Guide junior team members
What you'll bring to the team
- University degree in computer science or in a similar technical field
- Strong software skills in an embedded environment
- Excellent experience in embedded C/C++ software development
- Our legacy code is in C, but with the upcoming migration, we require at least some experience in C++ development.
- Familiar with unit testing, continuous integration and version control systems (we use Git)
- Proven track record in successful software delivery for commercial systems, consumer products, industrialization of software
- Good understanding of software quality
If you have any of these, even better
- Experience with communication standards and platforms (WebSocket, TCP/IP)
- Experience in network communication layers (Wi-Fi, UMTS/LTE, Bluetooth)
- Familiar with middleware solutions for embedded systems
- Experience in shell and other scripting languages (e.g. Python or Lua)
- Knowledge of data encryption and security principles
- Experience in working with Docker
- Experience with working in agile teams
What do we offer
- Competitive salary; we actively monitor the industry to ensure our pay is always competitive
- Private pension contribution
- 25 vacation days
- Holiday Swap (2 days); ability to swap out a public holiday for a paid vacation day
- Volunteer Day
- Commuting allowance
- Flexibility to work from home and a generous budget to set up your home office
- Ability to work remotely from anywhere outside of the Netherlands for 2 weeks
- Access to learning platforms and personal development budget
- Coming from abroad? No worries, we got you! We offer full relocation assistance and free Dutch lessons to help you settle in (depending on eligibility)
- We just opened an amazing office in Amsterdam-West, with a flexible desk policy and all the amenities needed for a collaborative space
- Brand new office in Amsterdam West or alternatively: Office in Essen, Germany
EVBox is the leading global manufacturer of electric vehicle charging stations and charging management software. With over 350,000 charging points across more than 55 countries worldwide, we help electric drivers get access to charging infrastructure at any point in their journey.
Today, with many projects running across Europe, North-and South America, as well as Asia, we move forward by perfecting our original recipe with a next generation of hardware and software that is energy-efficient, future-proof, and easy to use.
The growth and success of EVBox is driven by the passion and dedication of everyone in the company.
EVBox has grown into an international team across multiple offices in Europe and the United States. Today, over 600 driven professionals coming from different walks of life are working for EVBox. As a fast-growing scale-up within the beating heart of the clean tech industry.
Your interviewing stages might look something like
- Your resume will be reviewed by our team. If your application is selected, we will send you an offline coding test.
- It's always good to meet your coworkers. You will have a technical and introductory interview with our team members.
- Our Talent Acquisition department will answer any of your more practical questions about working for us
- Get ready to meet the Management Team.
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Ready to power our sustainable future? Hit apply.
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.