Senior Electrical/Mechatronics Engineer
30+ days ago
Who we are
We believe in a future where daily transportation is emission-free and sustained by smart charging infrastructure. That's why we've made it our goal to accelerate the adoption of electric mobility by bringing the most accessible and scalable charging solutions to the world. However, the transition from gas to electric cars will change a great deal of what we know about transportation. We're going to need EV charging infrastructure that is accessible, reliable, and future-proof.
Do you see yourself as truly passionate about the EV industry? Do you show affinity with renewable technologies and products? Then we might be looking for you! Our growth and success are driven by the passion and dedication of everyone here in the EVBox family.
Who we're looking for:
We are looking for an experienced Mechatronics or Electrical Engineer who will take part in a product-team and take technical ownership for a product line, including product set up in PLM/PDM and Engineering Change Management.
To be successful in this role you need to have a good understanding of the product-build up, components, pro's and con's, weaknesses and opportunities for product improvements and cost reductions. (Basic) Project Management and good Communication skills are a need
You'll be part of our Sustaining Engineering team, the "product-doctors" who are always trying to safeguard our products' health now and for the future. The team consists of multi-disciplinary Electrical, Mechanical and Mechatronic engineers and we are now looking to expand our team with someone knowledgeable in either electrical or mechatronics engineering.
- Take technical ownership of one or more (sub)assemblies
- Gather, maintain and upgrade all technical (relevant) information
- Develop, manage and update electrical documentation related to production and electrical development.
- Create and maintain electrical schematics.
- Develop and deliver work instructions towards production.
- Build new samples for certification or validation purposes.
- Introduce, maintain and update product data in the internal Product Lifecycle Management tool.
- Support the introduction of new processes and tools, jigs and fixtures in production.
- Contribute to, or lead, product improvements and cost-down programs
- Travel (around 10%) to the production sites.
- Respond on an as-needed basis to emergencies.
- Bachelor's (preferred) or HBO Degree in Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Extensive experience in designing products involving electronic assemblies and/or designing electrical hardware and firmware
- Experience with PCB and PCBA design or analysis.
- Familiarity with a Product Lifecycle Management tool (e.g. Arena or other).
- Knowledge of at least one structured programming language.
- Affinity with any professional-grade CAD software (e.g. DraftSight, AutoCAD etc.).
- Basic experience with soldering iron.
- Experience with managing projects (structure, planning, communication and stakeholder management)
- Experience with and deep understanding of designing and engineering for high volume production (DFA/DFM)
The following are a plus:
- Experience with design for IP(54+) and IK(10) rating
- Experience with product design and engineering in automotive domain
Who you are:
- You're a team player
- You're adaptable: you can adjust your work strategy based on fast moving changes that are happening in a scale-up environment
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.