Security Operations Engineer
30+ days ago
We're looking for a Security Operations Engineer to join our team in Amsterdam. To be successful in this role you should be passionate about ensuring engineering and IT teams get the most secure they can be, while supporting them on continuously improving over time, and be able to reliably deliver data-driven insights in the improvement of the various security postures, and be able to deliver tangible roadmaps for going ahead.
Want to help create a sustainable future of transportation that's better for everyone? If yes, then take a look at what your role with us will entail.
We empower forward-thinking businesses to build a sustainable future by providing flexible and scalable electric vehicle charging solutions. As charging needs evolve, you'll be helping us to provide the infrastructure and expertise needed to make electric mobility the norm around the world.
Get to know the team
As a Security Operations Engineer based in Amsterdam office you will be part of the Security team that is responsible for creating and nurturing a healthy security culture and security posture within the entire group, interacting with all colleagues in Netherlands, France, US, etc. This role will focus on the development of the security aspects together with the technical teams.
"EVBox gives us the freedom to work the way we want, and this is reflected in our high level of productivity—especially now that we're working from home. The company culture is the reason why so many people join. When I first started, there were around 45 EVBoxers at the company. Today, there are more than 600 of us." – Borja, Regional Director Southern Europe
What you'll be doing
You will work on supporting product and IT engineering and help teams build a solid baseline for security and anchor this within their way of working, help manage exceptions to the baseline get resolved. You will work from our office in Amsterdam and report to the CISO.
Your main responsibilities will include, but aren't limited to:
- Group Security Engineering
- Vulnerability Management
- Drive SIEM + Monitoring Project
You'll be leaving your mark in this important field for a sustainable future.
What you'll bring to the team
Technical Skills/ Hard Skills
- MSc in Computer Science
- Professional experience with Frameworks: TOGAF/OWASP/CIS
- Professional experience with SIEM: Sentinel/Splunk/Graylog/ELK
- Platform: GCP
We want you to demonstrate
- Great communication skills
- Strong organizer
- Pragmatic approach
If you have any of these, even better
- GIAC or Sans certification a plus
- Experience with DAST/SAST/SCA etc
Additional benefits we bring to the table
- Holiday Swap (2 days)
- Access to learning platforms and personal development budget
- Volunteer Day
- Work from anywhere for 2 weeks
- Work from home (even post-corona) + budget to set up your home office
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
What it's like to work at Amsterdam
We work together to power our sustainable future. Here's what drives us:
- Our friendly, entrepreneurial, and collaborative work environment
- Working to help grow one of the key regions in Europe with your work
- Bringing new ideas that are always highly appreciated
- Interacting in an environment with colleagues from all over the world
- Working in a brand new office in Amsterdam West that meets all your needs (when not working from home)
Your interviewing stages might look something like
- Your resume will be reviewed by our team.
- If your application is selected, you will first have an interview with a member of our recruitment team.
- Get ready to meet the hiring manager.
- Interview with a senior manager.
- It's always good to meet your coworkers. You will have an interview with a team member.
- Background check is required for this position.
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Ready to power our sustainable future? Hit apply.
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.