Procurement Manager, Outsourced Manufacturing
30+ days ago
We're looking for a Procurement Manager Outsourced Manufacturing to join our team in Amsterdam. To be successful in this role you should be passionate about managing sourcing activities and be able to reliably appraise and improve our sourcing activities, by analyzing the company's spending, supplying partnerships and new possibilities.
Want to help create a sustainable future of transportation that's better for everyone? If yes, then take a look at what your role with us will entail.
We empower forward-thinking businesses to build a sustainable future by providing flexible and scalable electric vehicle charging solutions.
You'll be helping us to create a sustainable future of transportation with quick thinking and clear communication that'll keep all of our operations running smoothly.
Get to know the team
As a Procurement Manager, Outsourced Manufacturing is based in Amsterdam office you will be part of the Purchasing/Sourcing team that is responsible for handling the company's end to end sourcing operations.
"EVBox gives us the freedom to work the way we want, and this is reflected in our high level of productivity—especially now that we're working from home. The company culture is the reason why so many people join. When I first started, there were around 45 EVBoxers at the company. Today, there are more than 600 of us." – Borja, Regional Director Southern Europe
For more information, check out our YouTube video "Kristof Vereenooghe, CEO of EVBox Group, reflects on 2020 and discusses the journey ahead"
What you'll be doing
You will work on category strategy development, sourcing and negotiation strategies, contacts with suppliers, spend control and cost reduction tracking. You will work from our office in Amsterdam and report to the Director of Procurement.
Your main responsibilities will include, but aren't limited to:
- Manage the designated outsourced manufacturing category portfolio ensuring transparency of spending and high performance
- Generate and implement effective sourcing and category management strategies
- Enable optimal conditions for CM / OEM / ODM / JDM collaborations
- Research and anticipate shifts in the negotiating power of suppliers
- Cooperate with stakeholders to guarantee agreement on terms and processes
- Analyse and calculate costs of procurement and suggest methods to decrease expenditure
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking
- Lead contract negotiations in your category
- Estimate risks and apply risk minimizing techniques
You'll be leaving your mark in this important field for a sustainable future.
What you'll bring to the team
Technical Skills/ Hard Skills
- 5+ years of proven work experience as a sourcing manager
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
- Understanding / Experience in CM, OEM, ODM, JDM collaborations in electrical and electronic and/or automotive market
- BSc degree in supply chain management, logistics, business administration, engineering or related fields
- Fluent English
We want you to demonstrate
- Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships
- Comfortable with figures and in collecting, analysing and interpreting data
- Solid judgement with ability to make good decisions
If you have any of these, even better
- SAP Knowledge is a plus
- Fluent in French in a plus
Additional benefits we bring to the table
- Holiday Swap (2 days)
- Access to learning platforms and personal development budget
- Volunteer Day
- Work from anywhere for 2 weeks
- Work from home (even post-corona) + budget to set up your home office
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
What it's like to work at Amsterdam
We work together to power our sustainable future. Here's what drives us:
- Our friendly, entrepreneurial, and collaborative work environment
- Working to help grow one of the key regions in Europe with your work
- Bringing new ideas that are always highly appreciated
- Interacting in an environment with colleagues from all over the world
- Working in a brand new office in Amsterdam West that meets all your needs (when not working from home)
You must be eligible to work in the Netherlands.
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Ready to power our sustainable future? Hit apply.