PR & Communications Specialist
30+ days ago
PR & Communications Specialist
EVBox is the leading global manufacturer of electric vehicle charging stations and charging management software. With over 350,000 charging points across more than 55 countries worldwide, we help electric drivers get access to charging infrastructure at any point in their journey.
Today, with many projects running across Europe, North America, South America, and Asia, we move forward by perfecting our original recipe with a next generation of hardware and software that is energy-efficient, future-proof, and easy to use.
The growth and success of EVBox is driven by the passion and dedication of everyone in the company.
EVBox has grown into an international team across multiple offices in Europe and the United States. Today, over 600 driven professionals coming from different walks of life are working for EVBox. As a fast-growing scale-up within the beating heart of the clean tech industry.
- Plan, execute & evaluate international PR activities, creating content such as press releases, press mailings, opinion pieces, events for the target audience media
- Coordinate localizations & closely align with INTL marketers on PR activities
- Build out our media presence globally, forming relations with relevant B2B media and pitch stories and interviews
- Create interview briefings for EVBox spokespeople
- Be the connection between EVBox and our PR agency
- Coordinate incoming interview / speaking requests
- Engage frequently with our international offices to always get the latest news, and turn this into PR opportunities
- Take full responsibility of monthly Corporate Communications reportings
- Monitor how EVBox is portrayed internally and externally & analyze media's needs/interest for relationship building
- Ensure that EVBox's brand is represented correctly on external channels (support Social Media, speaker opportunities at events, quotes etc.) and support internally where needed
- Regularly update EVBox's newsrooms and media lists
- Explore & execute new communication tactics, e.g. guerrilla-, influencer marketing etc.
- Proactively search for stories to keep the relationship with media going
- Effectively participates in brainstorms and add to the development of creative campaign ideas and new ways of working
- Support with communication strategies in incident/crisis situations
- Research & apply to relevant industry awards (product designs, employer awards…)
- Act as a gatekeeper for external requests via the press room and connect to the right people internally (e.g. customer complaints, partner requests etc.)
Skills and Specifications
As the role is focused heavily on coordinating with many different internal and external stakeholders, excellent interpersonal skills are a must. On top of this the PR & Communications Specialist should have excellent writing / content creation skills, be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and independently, and overall have a lot of passion and drive to make a lasting impact.
- 2+ years of public relations experience, preferably B2B / technology (with proven examples)
- As the role is focused heavily on coordinating with many different departments and external partners, excellent interpersonal skills and flexibility are a must.
- Great organization skills (with proven examples), a quick learner and overall a lot of passion and energy to make an impact.
- Being self-confident, proactive, detail-oriented and possessing leadership skills are important pre – requisites in being successful in this role
- Understanding of what makes a story newsworthy by following trends and news
- Experience with brand management / digital communications
- Understanding of the (e)Mobility industry is a plus but not a must-have
- Excellent proficiency in English, both written and spoken
- Dutch, French or German are a plus
Additional benefits we bring to the table
- Competitive salary
- Cooperating with colleagues in a brand new office in Amsterdam West
- Private pension contribution
- Commuting allowance
- 25 vacation days
- Holiday Swap (2 days)
- Work from home (also post-COVID-19) and a budget to set up your home office
- Working from anywhere for 2 weeks
- Access to learning platforms and personal development budget
- Volunteer Day
- Coming from abroad? No worries, we got you! We offer relocation assistance and free Dutch lessons to help you settle in
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.