Manager, Asset Management
22 days ago
This role can be based out of our Bordeaux, Paris or Amsterdam offices.
We believe in a future where daily transportation is emission-free and sustained by smart charging infrastructure. That's why we've made it our goal to accelerate the adoption of electric mobility by bringing the most accessible and scalable charging solutions to the world. However, the transition from gas to electric cars will change a great deal of what we know about transportation. We're going to need EV charging infrastructure that is accessible, reliable, and future-proof. That's where you come in!
Working at EVBox Bordeaux
Because working with us means starting a collaboration, the company offers you :
- The opportunity to participate in a project for the development of innovative products
- The opportunity to contribute to a zero emission future
- Competitive salaries
- Learning & development opportunities
- Brand new open-space to work in the best conditions (even coffee is offered! )
- An ideal business location, close to the Pessac-Léognan wineries, yet close to the Bordeaux city center.
- To work in an ambitious and fast-growing international company
- The possibility to evolve in a dynamic and flexible environment
- An onboarding in Amsterdam to understand the company's challenges and meet the teams
- Team-building events ✌
- Meal voucher
Working at EVBox Amsterdam
- No one likes a show-off, but our offices in Kabelweg are really cool.. although we all work from home too.
- Private pension contribution
- Discounted medical insurance
- Commuting allowance
- 25 vacation days
- Holiday Swap (2 days)
- Access to learning platforms and personal development budget
- Volunteer Day
- Coming from abroad? No worries, we got you! We offer relocation assistance and free Dutch lessons to help you settle in.
Your future team will also be able to bring you:
- A management of proximity with great communication, autonomy and initiative
- The opportunity to be part of a reliable, human and passionate team
Get to know the team
The Asset Management team is primarily responsible for building and growing asset management to a true strategic pillar for the organization.
The team currently works on different streams that are interlaced, that the Manager, Asset Management must organize, evolve and develop further:
- Asset management development, building the requirements for advanced insights and full traceability on our products through our core applications, and for the development of our ability to take corrective actions even before our customers notice a problem. This entails stakeholders and project management which touches upon both static and dynamic data flows, including the promotion of a change of mindset from reactive to proactive, to predictive at a future stage.
- Network assurance operations, consisting primarily in stations monitoring being experimented and developed further. This includes tooling specification, procedures definition, contribution to the assessment of station monitoring impact on existing support flows.
- Asset tooling administration, which includes digital reporting forms creation and maintenance, to capture digitally information about interventions in the field, directly recorded in our assets database. It also includes development and maintenance of scripts that support and improve asset operations and managed tenant operations, with the purpose of integrating these tools in our core applications on the longer run, thus the integration of the related requirements in our asset management development efforts mentioned above.
- Managed tenant operations, consisting in bulk import of stations and cards in managed tenants (Everon EU, Everon NA, PSA 1, PSA 2, FCA, and more recently Mercedes), administration of billing plans, tariffs, system users, review of external accesses to the platform, etc. The scope of this team has been extended to include the import of manufacturing data into our ERP and the rollout of firmware updates on stations operated through managed tenants. This team will also perform services monitoring in the future, moving from execution (that will be more and more automated) to control.
- Data analysis, to create insights and report trends to both internal and external stakeholders, through stations performance and health indicators (based on technical and operational data) and data quality indicators. This requires coordination with data analysis performed in other teams (AC/DC L3 teams, Quality, IT) and entails fixes and root cause analysis with external teams when needed.
- Integration testing, ensuring the compliancy of OCPP and OCPI implementations by hardware providers and service providers, with our own implementation in Everon. Smart charging integration testing with Everon is also part of the current scope but cannot be performed without involvement from the Technology department.
About the Role:
As Manager, Asset Management, you are expected to:
- Develop the asset management strategy, identify and promote innovation in developing monitoring and advanced troubleshooting tooling and processes, to improve efficiency, uptime assurance and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams such as product management, hardware engineering, IT, supply chain and industrialization/manufacturing,
- Staff your team, define the scope of work of your direct reports and assign performance objectives.
- Ensure consistency, balance and continuity in the various interdependent streams your direct reports are working on, help them in taking the right tactical and technical decisions.
- Provide real-time, meaningful and constructive feedback to your direct reports in developing their careers.
- Generate statistical reporting to provide strategic recommendations for field services, asset management, tenant operations and technical support, efficiency gains and process and product improvement.
What We'd Like You To Bring To Our Team
- Minimum 10+ years of work experience, of which 2+ in a managerial role; all spent within technical support and/or network operations environment.
- Experience in the EV industry is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of embedded systems, firmware and software / IoT / M2M communication standards and platforms; knowledge of JSON is a strong plus.
- Familiarity with troubleshooting and/or scripting languages like Python, SQL and Databases.
- Experience with distributed systems with strong understanding of scaling, performance and debugging techniques.
- Leadership experience in a customer facing role is preferred.
- Thrive in a fast paced and constantly changing work environment.
- Ability to manage, align and motivate others - especially remote and cross-functional collaborative teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, IT, Electronics or similar).
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Data driven & strong ability to translate findings into an organized set of steps and accountabilities.
We're not looking for you to tick all the boxes we listed above. What matters most is that we share the same values, passion and work ethic. Don't let the imposter syndrome get in the way of a great career move and apply—we'd love to hear from you.
At EVBox, we believe that when people feel valued and rewarded their potential is unlimited. We offer competitive salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. We promote within, offering learning and development opportunities, and we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 holiday days
- Private pension contribution
- Discount on medical insurance
That's not all. We understand that everyone is different, so we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. You can/get:
- Holiday swap (2 days);
- Work from home and a budget to set up your home office
- Work from anywhere for 4 weeks
- Commuting allowance
- Personal development budget.
Ready to power our sustainable future? Hit apply. Want us to know why you're interested - a short cover letter always helps!
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
We work together to power our sustainable future. Here's what drives us:
- Our friendly, entrepreneurial, and collaborative work environment
- Working to help grow one of the key regions in Europe with your work
- Bringing new ideas that are always highly appreciated
- Interacting in an environment with colleagues from all over the world
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.