Indirect Tax Specialist
26 days ago
Dutch is mandatory
We're EVBox. We believe in a future where daily transportation is emission-free and sustained by smart charging infrastructure. That's why we've made it our goal to accelerate the adoption of electric mobility by bringing the most accessible and scalable charging solutions to the world. However, the transition from gas to electric cars will change a great deal of what we know about transportation. We're going to need EV charging infrastructure that is accessible, reliable, and future-proof.
The growth and success of EVBox is driven by the passion and dedication of everyone in the company. Today, EVBox has grown into an international team across multiple offices in Europe and the United States with hundreds of driven professionals coming from different walks of life working for us. We're a fast-growing scale-up within the beating heart of the clean tech industry - will you join us?
About the role
The Indirect Tax Specialist will be responsible for managing primarily VAT tax matters of EVBox Group, but also some other indirect taxes like sales tax. You will be focusing on the day-to-day indirect tax matters for the Group's operations while collaborating with the business ensuring compliance with local indirect tax rules and regulations. You will report to the Head of Tax.
Include but are not limited to:
- Support the Head of Tax in all Indirect Tax matters.
- Provide advice on indirect tax impacts and consequences of business operations.
- Monitor and report Indirect Tax law changes applicable to EVBox Group.
- Perform analysis on the design of VAT processes within the ERP (SAP) system.
- Drive and improve compliance processes.
- Oversee VAT compliance related tasks performed by the Accounting team.
- Provide input into Group's global tax policies for indirect tax compliance and reporting.
- Document and implement indirect tax process and procedures.
- Manage relationships with external VAT advisors, tax authorities and internal stakeholders.
- Manage tax audits and support other audits.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Tax.
- Min 5 years of experience, preferable in Indirect Taxes at an international Tax advisory firm
- Power BI and SAP knowledge is preferable.
- Can communicate (verbally and in writing) fluently in Dutch(mandatory) and English.
- Analytical and pragmatical, with strong attention to detail.
- Very organized, accountable, with a strong sense of commitment to deadlines.
- Autonomous, but can cohesively with others.
- Flexible and willing to walk the 'extra mile'.
We're not looking for you to tick all the boxes we listed above. What matters most is that we share the same values, passion and work ethic. Don't let the imposter syndrome get in the way of a great career move and apply—we'd love to hear from you.
At EVBox, we believe that when people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer competitive salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. We promote within, offering learning and development opportunities, and we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 holiday days
- Private pension contribution
- Discount on medical insurance
That's not all. We understand that everyone is different, so we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. You can/get:
- Holiday swap (2 days);
- Work from home and a budget to set up your home office
- Work from anywhere for 4 weeks
- Commuting allowance
- Personal development budget.
Are you passionate about the EV industry? Do you have an interest in renewable resources, new sustainable technologies, and clean future-proof products? Our growth and success are driven by the passion and dedication of everyone here at EVBox.
Across our 13 locations, more than 700 EVBoxers work together to provide electric vehicle charging solutions that help businesses move forward. Are you ready to join them? Hit apply. Want us to know why you're interested - a short cover letter always helps!
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.