Head of UX/UI
30+ days ago
EVBox is the leading global manufacturer of electric vehicle charging stations and charging management software. With over 100,000 charging points across more than 55 countries worldwide, we help electric drivers get access to charging infrastructure at any point in their journey.
Today, with many projects running across Europe, North America, South America, and Asia, we move forward by perfecting our original recipe with a next generation of hardware and software that is energy-efficient, future-proof, and easy to use.
The growth and success of EVBox is driven by the passion and dedication of everyone in the company.
EVbox has grown into an international team across multiple offices in Europe and the United States. Today, over 600 driven professionals coming from different walks of life are working for EVBox. As a fast-growing scale-up within the beating heart of the clean tech industry.
About the role:
As the head of the UX & UI team you will be leading the software and hardware Design team and you will raise the bar for design quality while holding the organization to an ever-improving definition of good.
We value open collaboration, constructive design reviews and knowledge sharing. We like to think of ourselves as a bunch of happy creative people who have a passion for building cool products which contribute to a zero-emission future. Quality, consistency and usability have become our foundation as a team. Check out our design system: design.everon.io to get a glimpse into what we are doing.
In your daily life, you will be part of the Product Strategy Leadership team and you will report to the Director Product Management.
You will own the end to end user experience of the entire product portfolio and your main mission is to create a seamless, reliable and easy to use integrated solution for all of our users.
- You will be responsible for building a highly dedicated and motivated design team, by hiring the right people, by mentoring the design team members, by setting the right priorities and by creating the space for constructive design reviews
- You will be responsible for fine tuning and improving the design process
- You will be responsible for defining the role of design in the company and in the product organization
- You will be responsible for defining the design vision, getting the buy in from the right stakeholders, communicating this to the company and translating this into everyday tasks
- You put the user intent at the heart of every solution delivered and you guide the organization in doing the right research in order to deliver the desired business impact
- You drive the user research needed for understanding the pains and gains of our users
- You will be the advocate of data-driven decision making & data-driven design
- You regularly align with your product & technical counterparts to discover a right solution to the problem and ensure the feasibility the proposed solution
Experience we expect you'll bring:
- You have at least 2-3 years of experience in a design leadership role with a good understanding in designing for different platforms (SaaS, PaaS, native mobile apps, hardware GUI),
- E-mobility industry is a plus
- You have at least 5 years hands-on experience as a product designer or UX researcher
- You are professional in Figma, Illustrator, ZeroHeight, Maze and you are always up to date with the latest available technologies
- You are a Pro at implementing design thinking in a company
- You have experience with B2B, B2C and B2B2C products
- You have evidence of building and shaping high-performing Design teams.
- You understand that design needs to directly contribute to the overall company & product strategy and you have proven experience of how you implemented this in the past
- You must have strong communication, storytelling and presentation skills. Strong ability to convince, influence and inspire different audiences and on all levels, including peers, executives and board.
- Ability and personality to successfully work in a high pace, rapidly-changing environment.
- Fluent in English
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.