Powering our sustainable future, together
We live in an era where electric mobility is "the new normal." Whereas over the past decade, electric vehicles were only for the few, today they are for everyone. Welcome to the electric era. Enter EVBox.
Founded in 2010, EVBox empowers forward-thinking businesses to build a sustainable future by providing flexible and scalable electric vehicle charging solutions. With its offering of residential, commercial, and fast charging stations, as well as scalable charging management software, EVBox ensures that electric mobility is accessible to everyone.
We believe in a future where daily transportation is emission-free and sustained by smart charging infrastructure. That's why we've made it our goal to accelerate the adoption of electric mobility by bringing the most accessible and scalable charging solutions to the world. However, the transition from gas to electric cars will change a great deal of what we know about transportation.
The growth and success of EVBox is driven by the passion and dedication of everyone in the company. Today, EVBox has grown into an international team across multiple offices in Europe and the United States, with hundreds of driven professionals from different walks of life working for us.
About the Team:
The Solutions Testing Team is in charge for testing the AC Products being in development by implementing a real verification culture, using state of the art methodologies, minimized cycle times and lowest efforts, best design quality, zero bug mindset as well as a superior level of transparency on the progress of verification to make the right decisions.
The scope of activities is covering Firmware, System and End2End Testing related activities, the definition and development of testcase libraries, build up of scalable platform testing, setup and refinement of automated platform testing environments, doing regression runs and the execution of test runs and debugging. This includes constraints of backend related platforms.
About the role:
- General: Accountable for the setup and timely execution of AC charging solutions by meeting efficiency and effectiveness expectations of key stakeholders.
- Planning and steady tracking of test activities in the field of Firmware, Hardware, System and E2E Testing
- Create test concept and plan related activities
- Coordinate and monitor all test activities including the creation of test specifications and evaluation of test results
- Coordinate the planning of bug fixes and test iterations along with error management
- Report the testing status to management and project managers
- Manage test processes
- Alignment of test methods, activities and test coverage throughout the Engineering organization
- Support definition and ensure implementation of consistent and hierarchical verification concepts
- Develop and ensure the frequent report of Testing KPIs
- Drive improvement projects to implement cycle time reduction, platform testing and flexible highly automated approaches
- Advice testing related activities regarding way of working and best practices
- Introduce and ensure state of the art testing methodologies
- Develop competence of Testing Engineers
- Support the application and knowledge development regarding state of the art testing methodologies and application
- Facilitate a culture of challenging verification engineering and a pro-active mindset
- Maintain and monitor resource planning and ensure that capacity matches portfolio needs
- Facilitate a sound test documentation management
- Review status of verification when going for SoP and other critical milestones
- Good knowledge how to contribute as a test team to business success
- Good knowledge of the testing methodologies for complex technical devices
- Good knowledge to drive testing activities under challenging schedule constraints
- Good knowledge of use cases for charging stations
- Accountable for the performance of the Solutions Testing team to accomplish their goals in time, quality and costs by satisfying key stakeholder expectations.
- Lead the team and influence them towards higher efficiency, quality culture and achieving project goals
- Supervise and coach own staff
- Experience in leading Testing Teams and executing large project portfolios
- Ensure that the project milestones are met while the quality, cost and schedule goals are achieved and risks are still properly balanced
- Converts technical and methodology competence into effective problem resolution activities
- Develop test environments to meet industry standards
- Identify and mitigate the risks even before the problems arise
- Making sure that the problems solving activities are done in a systematic way. Keep the communication loop close with frequent updates and alignment
- Ensure that the problem solving activities doesn't impede delivering the committed other work
Nature of impact
- Ensure accomplishment of testing goals according the committed project timeline
- Allocate Testing resources to development activities, ensure the execution according business goals and be accountable for the testing results
- Advice, steer and motivate staff
Area of impact
- Ensure for EVB the testing AC charging solutions according the given project goals
- Interpersonal skills to motivate and lead technical staff
- Interpersonal skills to ask the right technical problem resolution questions
- Clear and concise communication, written and verbal
- Being responsible and respectful
- Being capable to push for progress in testing related activities
- Being capable to foster a high performance mindset
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, or equivalent
- Master's degree in System Engineering, Electronics Engineering or Computer Engineering
- 10+ years testing experience in industries such automotive, energy, defense, medical or equivalent for embedded complex technical devices
- 3+ years of people management experience of leading a group or team
- ISTQB certifications
- development of testcase libraries
- scalable and automated platform testing environments
- regression based testing
- system and software requirements driven testing
- system, system integration testing and E2E testing as well as debugging
- model based testing
- combined domains of embedded and cloud
- verification strategies and test plan development
- metric driven testing
- Customer centric, product minded, high ownership and passion for tangible testing results
- Attitude to get the things done even in critical or challenging project situations
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration, communication skills and teamwork
- Attention to detail, spirit of improving way of working quality continuously
- Able to lead and motivate others
- Analytical thinking with a strategic and pragmatic approach to achieve project goals
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong verbal and written skills in English
At EVBox, we believe that when people feel valued and rewarded their potential is unlimited. We offer competitive salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. We promote within, offering learning and development opportunities, and we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- A very diverse workforce and an open culture
- Private pension contribution
- 25 vacation days
- Holiday Swap (2 days) - ability to swap out a public holiday for a paid vacation day
- Commuting allowance
- Up to 3 days remote working, including working from home allowance of EUR 2 net per day (in consultation with your manager)
- Budget of 600 Euro to set up your home office
- Ability to work remotely from anywhere outside of the Netherlands for 4 weeks
- Access to learning platforms and personal development budget
- Coming from abroad? No worries, we got you! We offer relocation assistance and sponsor visas
Are you passionate about the EV industry? Do you have an interest in renewable resources, new sustainable technologies, and clean future-proof products? Our growth and success are driven by the passion and dedication of everyone here at EVBox.
Across our 13 locations, more than 700 EVBoxers work together to provide electric vehicle charging solutions that help businesses move forward. Are you ready to join them? Hit apply.
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.