Head of Software and System Testing
30+ days ago
We're looking for a Senior Manager, software and system testing to join our development team in Amsterdam. You will lead and be responsible for our software and system testing team consisting of engineers and test automation engineers.
Want to help create a sustainable future of transportation that's better for everyone? If yes, then take a look at what your role with us will entail.
We believe in a future where daily transportation is emission-free and sustained by smart charging infrastructure. That's why we've made it our goal to accelerate the adoption of electric mobility by bringing the most accessible and scalable charging solutions to the world. However, the transition from gas to electric cars will change a great deal of what we know about transportation. We're going to need EV charging infrastructure that is accessible, reliable, and future-proof.
Get to know the team
"EVBox gives us the freedom to work the way we want, and this is reflected in our high level of productivity—especially now that we're working from home. The company culture is the reason why so many people join. When I first started, there were around 45 EVBoxers at the company. Today, there are more than 600 of us." – Borja, Regional Director Southern Europe
For more information, check out our YouTube video "#10YearsofEVBox | What will your story be?"
What you'll be doing
You will lead and be responsible for our software and system testing team consisting of engineers and test automation engineers.
You will work on the overall test strategy of our charging stations within the development process and will report to our Senior Vice President Hardware Engineering.
Your main responsibilities will include, but aren't limited to:
- Responsible for ensuring products are being designed and developed to high quality standards expected in the EV charging and automotive market
- Lead, manage and be overall responsible for a team of QA and test automation engineers (30+ people) focusing on functional design validation of our product hard- and firmware under development
- Ensure testing activities are integrated in all stages of our agile development process
- Building and defining EV Box software and system master test strategy together with the embedded development and system engineering department
- Creating and implementing test plans
- Defining the CI/CD test approach and processes
- Define and further improve test data analytics and automation with your team
- Support full product design verification and validation (performance, environmental, endurance, EMC) with external partners
- Formalize and improve design quality assurance, testing and product/firmware release processes
- Interface with hardware, firmware and support engineering teams to enhance test & validation activities
- Defining the beta test strategy
- Support supply chain and operations in organizing product quality control in production
You'll be leaving your mark in this important field for a sustainable future.
What you'll bring to the team
Technical Skills/ Hard Skills
- Proven ability to set up an overall test strategy
- Extensive experience with design validation and testing in embedded system development projects
- Proven experience in both functional testing (of firmware/embedded software), as well as overall product validation
- Ability to lead a team of QA and test engineers
- Experience with automotive QA processes and standards
- Experience with automated functional testing
- Ability to set up full product validation plans for new embedded products, to be executed at external partners
- Experience handling complex embedded system development projects from a QA aspect
- Proven experience with (test and integration side of) V-model
- Familiar and comfortable with working with IEC, UL, and other institutional standards
- Experience with agile/scrum practices
- Expertise in setting up Automation Suites in CI/CD in embedded product environments.
- Solid understanding of CI/CD Pipelines.
If you have any of these, even better
- Previous experience in the automotive industry.
Additional benefits we bring to the table
- Holiday Swap (2 days)
- Access to learning platforms and personal development budget
- Volunteer Day
- Work from anywhere for 2 weeks
- Work from home (even post-corona) + budget to set up your home office
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
EVBox does not accept resumes of candidates from agencies or other intermediaries. Any such profiles will be disregarded. In case EVBox concluded an employment agreement with any of those candidates, this shall not create any right for, and no fees are owed to the agency who submitted such a resume.
What it's like to work at Amsterdam
We work together to power our sustainable future. Here's what drives us:
- Our friendly, entrepreneurial, and collaborative work environment
- Working to help grow one of the key regions in Europe with your work
- Bringing new ideas that are always highly appreciated
- Interacting in an environment with colleagues from all over the world
- Working in a brand new office in Amsterdam West that meets all your needs (when not working from home)
Your interviewing stages might look something like
- Your resume will be reviewed by our team.
- If your application is selected, you will first have an interview with a member of our recruitment team.
- Get ready to meet the hiring manager.
- Your final stage will be a reference check.
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Ready to power our sustainable future? Hit apply.