Powering our sustainable future together
Mobility has given us freedom. Opportunity. Growth. It has defined our world. But it has come at a price. To create a sustainable future, we must transition away from fossil fuels; and embracing electric mobility is key to making this happen. That's why, over a decade ago, EVBox was founded to empower the EV revolution.
Today, that revolution is unstoppable. We've now entered the new era of mobility: one where electric vehicle has shifted from a niche technology to an agent of change in society. A disruptive force, no longer for the few, but for the many. It's time to take it mainstream.
In this new era, we must lay the foundations of an electric mobility network that's fit for mass electric vehicle adoption. That's why we are leading the charge with a complete ecosystem of solutions for forward-thinking businesses and drivers. To build a world where electric mobility is the new normal.
To get there, we need people from all walks of life who share our passion for creating a sustainable future. Join us to empower the global shift to electric mobility with our all-in-one EV charging solutions.
About the team:
The GL Accountant will join our finance team and report into the Finance Manager located in our Amsterdam office. This role will play an important role in our team to help solve complex problems as well as complete reoccurring monthly tasks.
About the role:
- Ensure completeness, accuracy and quality in areas of responsibility (PTO and Intercompany)
- Own the month end and year end financial closing activities for intercompany of all subsidiaries
- Recording journal entries (timely and accurately)
- Performing account reconciliations across GL accounts
- Assisting with payroll as required
- Assisting members of the GL Accounting team on an as needed basis
- Collaborate regarding system and process enhancements including UAT when necessary
- Fixed asset accounting and administration (including depreciation, asset tracking and leases)
- Accrual and provision calculations and postings
- Intercompany reconciliations and mismatch corrections
- Performing analytical reviews and trend analysis including understanding business strategy
- Be the point-of-contact for any accounting or transactional queries from the Business
- Involvement in finance and accounting projects
- A Bachelor or Master Accounting degree
- At least three years of experience in a similar role
- Experience working in an international complex environment
- Able to work in a fast pacing and changing environment
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills in English
What to expect from us:
At EVBox, we believe that when people feel valued and rewarded, they can reach their full potential. That's why we offer competitive salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always has a positive impact on performance. Furthermore, our benefits offering includes health and wellbeing, insurance benefits, retirement programs, as well as service awards—not to mention various social and recreational activities, some of which are location specific.
Globally, we offer the following benefits as standard:
- WFH allowance for the days you work from home
- WFH budget to set up a home office
- Annual Personal Development budget to be spent on external courses/training
- Commuting allowance
- Quarterly team building budget available
- Leadership coaching and training
- Employee Assistance Program, where you can reach out anonymously to professionals who can help you with personal and/or work-related problems
- Online training courses offered (currently through Coursera)
- Support for mental health and wellbeing
- Referral program
- Company contribution to ClassPass subscription (upcoming)
- Volunteering day time off
- Company gatherings and social committee
Are you passionate about the EV industry? Do you have an interest in renewable resources, new sustainable technologies, and clean future-proof products? Our growth and success are driven by the passion and dedication of everyone here at EVBox.
We're not looking for you to tick all the boxes we listed above. What matters most is that we share the same values, passion and work ethic. Don't let the imposter syndrome get in the way of a great career move and apply—we'd love to hear from you.
Across our 8 locations, more than 700 EVBoxers work together to provide electric vehicle charging solutions that help businesses move forward. Are you ready to join them? Hit apply. Want us to know why you're interested—a short cover letter always helps!
At EVBox, we are committed to a non-discriminatory approach, providing equal opportunity for employment and advancement in all our teams and programs. We believe in an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace where all employees, no matter their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education or disability, feel valued and respected. We respect and value diverse life experiences, heritages and ensure that all voices are heard. Where possible, we provide accommodations for people with disabilities to support your participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.
Do you want to get to know us even better? Then pay a visit to our Career page, blog or check out our social media channels: LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read about how EVBox processes your personal data here.
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.