30+ days ago
We are looking for a motivated Front-End Engineer to join our Everon team within EVBox Group in Amsterdam. As a Front-End Engineer, you will help us build a fast and robust platform that provides an accessible experience to our users and that works on devices of any size.
Want to help create a sustainable future of transportation that's better for everyone? If yes, then take a look at what your role with us will entail.
At Everon, we empower forward-thinking businesses to build a sustainable future. As part of the EVBox Group we offer solutions built from the ground up to be global, future proof, API-first, highly scalable, end-user focused, and secure.
You'll be helping us create a sustainable future of transportation with quick thinking and clear communication, keeping our operations running smoothly.
Get to know the team
The core mission of the Front-end Engineering teams is to create amazing user experiences and transform the way people interact with and experience EV (electric vehicle) charging management by providing them with a fast and user-friendly experience on our Web platform.
"People here are very bright and open. The industry we work in is so fresh, flexible, and undefined. Especially in the Software space, where you can leave your footprint wherever you go." – Piotr, CTO Everon
For more information, check out our YouTube video "#10YearsofEVBox | the founding of Everon"
What you'll be doing
Our teams are looking for engineers who can help us build a fast and robust platform that provides an accessible experience to our users and that works on devices of any size.
As a Front-End Engineer, you will be part of the Cloud & Mobile Engineering (CME) department at EVBox: an international technology department consisting of around 12 software teams that work on maintaining and expanding our platform.
You will work from our office in Amsterdam and report to the Front-end Development Lead.
Your main responsibilities will include, but aren't limited to:
- Collaborate with your UX and design colleagues, product managers, and your fellow engineers to create and release valuable new features
- Write client-side, well-designed, testable & efficient code by using software development best-practices
- Use and develop our design system to ensure a consistent experience across multiple UIs
- Participate in the development and evolution of our architecture
- We are currently in the process of migrating our largest UI from AngularJS to Vue.js, and we could use your insights
- Discuss the latest best-practices, standards, and technologies and how those relate to our platform in our Front-End Chapter
You'll be leaving your mark in this important field for a sustainable future.
What you'll bring to the team:
- You have 3+ years of professional experience in Front-End software development
- You know what it takes to build a modern JS web application
- You have experience with front-end unit testing frameworks
- You have experience working in an Agile software team
- You have good English communication skills and you enjoy working collaboratively
- You are passionate about front-end development that results in a great user experience on devices of any size
- You have a problem solving mindset, are hungry to learn, and like to keep improving yourself
Additional benefits we bring to the table
- Competitive salary
- The yearly budget for professional growth and access to educational platforms
- Holiday Swap (2 days) and Volunteer Day
- Work from anywhere for 2 weeks
- Work from home (including post-corona) + budget to set up your home office
- Help with relocation if joining from outside of the Netherlands
- Opportunity to work for a truly global and multicultural team
- Great people, amazing products, and plenty of room to grow professionally
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
As our company continues to accelerate within this new and fast-paced industry, you will work with and learn from like minded experts and have many ways to develop your career. There are many interesting problems to be solved and standards to be defined which haven't been touched yet in this industry, giving you an opportunity here to make a real impact on how businesses and millions of users will be using EV charging solutions in the near future. By building a functional UI, you support the acceleration of EV adoption which in turn will significantly reduce the carbon emissions released on this planet, ensuring a healthier planet for our future generations to live in.
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Ready to power our sustainable future? Hit apply?
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.