External Reporting Specialist
30+ days ago
We're looking for a External Reporting Specialist to join our Finance and Accounting team in Amsterdam. To be successful in this role you should be passionate about financial, VAT and statutory reporting requirements.
Want to help create a sustainable future of transportation that's better for everyone? If yes, then take a look at what your role with us will entail.
We empower forward-thinking businesses to build a sustainable future by providing flexible and scalable electric vehicle charging solutions. As charging needs evolve, you'll be helping us to provide the infrastructure and expertise needed to make electric mobility the norm around the world.
Get to know the team
As an External Reporting Specialist based in Amsterdam office, you will be part of the Finance team that is responsible for SEC and other External Reporting requirements.
"I'm proud to see that even in times of crisis, our employees at EVBox Group have proved, yet again, to be passionate and reliable, and have shown that they will never stop pushing to help EVBox Group realize a more sustainable future." – Kristof, CEO of EVBox Group
"I chose to work for EVBox to provide my expertise in an innovative and growing market–for very technical products requiring an irreproachable quality. By contributing towards a zero-emission future, we're helping to save the planet and this is important to me. I am proud to be an EVBoxer and we share an exceptional team spirit." — Helder, Production Manager
"I feel that EVBox employees are super passionate about their job and the company's activity - which creates high moral and motivation. People are human, humble, want to assist and support new on-boarders." – anonymous review in the yearly survey
What you'll be doing
You will be responsible for all of the Group's VAT and Statutory Reporting requirements, including our filing requirements in the Netherlands and other European jurisdictions. You will also assist in the preparation of our Group's financial statements for the purpose of our SEC Reporting Requirements. You will work from our office in Amsterdam and report to the Senior Manager SEC Reporting.
Your main responsibilities will include, but aren't limited to:
Role and responsibilities
- Understanding the various Dutch GAAP reporting requirement and Tax requirements and supporting the respective teams with the data required;
- Ensuring compliance with all Dutch government and regulatory requirements;
- Coordination with the local accounting firms involved in the preparation of our VAT and Statutory Reporting;
- Managing the Statutory Audit process and VAT submissions;
- Financial Statement Preparation under Dutch GAAP and IFRS;
- Assistance in the preparation of the US GAAP Financial Statements for SEC Reporting purposes;
- Preparing various schedules for the Statutory Audit, Tax Audit, GST Audit;
- Responsible for the VAT Accounts, proper reconciliations and timely filings, maintaining 404(b) evidence of control
- Overseeing the recurring VAT submissions and preparing monthly VAT balance sheet reconciliations;
- Extracting and analyzing data from the ledger;
- Liaising with tax advisors and coordinating the preparation and filing of the tax returns based on the statutory accounts
- Responding timely and accurately to all communications from the Dutch government and belastingdienst, including the annual census and other similar survey requests
You'll be leaving your mark in this important field for a sustainable future.
What you'll bring to the team
Technical Skills/ Hard Skills
- Previous "Big 4" experience required
- A Bachelor/University degree in accounting / finance, or Specialised Certification (RA)
- Minimum 5 years of Accounting experience with a strong financial statement analysis and/or auditing background
- Sound knowledge of Dutch GAAP/IFRS
- Candidates should understand how financial statements are prepared, how the statements tie together, how to review financial statements, and understand auditor requests
We want you to demonstrate
- Proactive, solution-oriented mindset with a clear ability to identify and pursue improvements.
- Energetic, curious with a strong desire to learn and grow, and willing to go the extra mile.
- Able to work independently and be a good team player.
- Fluent in Dutch and English, verbally and in writing
Additional benefits we bring to the table
- Holiday Swap (2 days)
- Access to learning platforms and personal development budget
- Volunteer Day
- Work from anywhere for 2 weeks
- Work from home (even post-corona) + budget to set up your home office
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
What it's like to work at Amsterdam
We work together to power our sustainable future. Here's what drives us:
- Our friendly, entrepreneurial, and collaborative work environment
- Working to help grow one of the key regions in Europe with your work
- Bringing new ideas that are always highly appreciated
- Interacting in an environment with colleagues from all over the world
- Working in a brand new office in Amsterdam West that meets all your needs (when not working from home)
You must be eligible to work in the Netherlands.
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Ready to power our sustainable future? Hit apply.