Engineering, Team Lead
30+ days ago
As the team lead at EVBox, you contribute to our solutions while being a member of one of the teams working on a particular product domain.
If you feel that your interest, knowledge, and experience are aligned with one of the domains below, please let us know.
The device management domain is responsible for the IoT element of our solution. It focuses on the management and monitoring of charging stations, including communication with devices, exposing operational capabilities, and actionable data insights. It empowers our customers to make the right decision and have a seamless experience managing devices at scale.
This domain is focused on EV charging infrastructure monetization by enabling the processing of financial transactions and payments, providing invoicing solutions, subscription management, and others. The monetization domain enables our end users to leverage various reliable revenue generation streams to build a profitable EV charging business.
Platform Foundation is in charge of the most crucial and core elements of our solutions. They manage cloud infrastructure, data platform, core services, and many aspects of the developer's experience. Next to being responsible for authentication and authorization, global search and notifications services, Platform Foundation teams support other teams in building scalable and secure solutions.
At EVBox, we empower forward-thinking businesses to build a sustainable future by providing top-notch EV Charging management solutions.
Our product engineering teams and crossfunctional and consist of 5-9 engineers. Team leads drive outcomes, productivity and technical excellence of their team. Team leads do not need to be experts of each subject matter, but they know how to drive the team to reach the teams's goal.
The role consists of 50% hands-on technical work and delivery and 50% leading the team. As a team lead, work composition depends on the current needs of the team, hence the 50/50 work split is not a strict expectation. Direct people management responsibilities may be involved yet it is not the main responsibility of this role.
Software engineers at EVBox build new products, enhance existing solutions and resolve many interesting challenges daily. They work on the stability, reliability, and security of our solutions while ensuring high quality and scalability. This work is delivered while embracing the culture based on the Site Reliability Engineering principles. Everyone is empowered to make bold decisions while assuming responsibility and ownership for the products they build.
We are looking for an experienced and skilled team lead to join us on the journey to accelerate the transition towards a sustainable future via fantastic software products and solutions.
What you will do
- Build and lead the team of 5-9 engineers (Frontend, Backed and Test), contribute to hiring, and define the software development processes
- Be responsible for the performance, and productivity of the team as well as well being of its members
- Manage stakeholders and cross-team dependencies, be the main point of contact for the team
- Design technical solutions the team is responsible for together with the team, Product and Architecture
- Coordinate daily team activities and delivery, help manage team's priorities and velocity in collaboration with stakeholders
- Be a role model and technically strong to help your team develop and grow by setting and guarding the bar for technical excellence
- Contribute to the product as an engineer by solving interesting technical challenges that have actual impact in the real world
- Own team backlog and prioritization
- Develop a plan to achieve team goals on time and with excellent outcomes
What you will need
- 2+ years of experience leading teams and passion for developing others
- 6+ years of strong commercial software development experience relevant to our tech stack
- Extensive and strong experience in Software Engineering and Computer Science
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure providers (preferably GCP)
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills across divers technical and non-technical groups
- Curiosity and strong collaboration skills
- Passion for quality
Bonus points if you have some of the following:
- Experience building high load and large scale distributed systems
- Experience in performance optimization
- Hands-on experience working with GCP
- Previous experience with Site Reliability Engineering
Our tech stack
- Backend: Java 11, Spring Boot, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, REST-assured, Pact, microservices/SOA architecture
- Frontend: Vanilla JS, TypeScript, Angular.js, Vue.js, Pact, Protractor, TestCafe, module federation/federated app architecture
- Gradle, webpack, Storybook, JIRA, Confluence, GitLab
- GCP, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Linux
What do we offer
- Competitive salary
- The yearly budget for professional growth and access to educational platforms
- Holiday Swap (2 days) and Volunteer Day
- Work from anywhere for 4 weeks
- Work from home + budget to set up your home office
- Help with relocation if joining from outside of the Netherlands
- Opportunity to work for a truly global and multicultural team
- Great people, amazing products, and plenty of room to grow professionally
We believe in a future where daily transportation is emission-free and sustained by smart charging infrastructure. That's why we've made it our goal to accelerate the adoption of electric mobility by bringing the most accessible and scalable charging solutions to the world. However, the transition from gas to electric cars will change a great deal of what we know about transportation. We're going to need EV charging infrastructure that is accessible, reliable, and future-proof. As part of EVBox, we offer turn-key charging management software that's built from the ground up to be global, highly scalable, end-user-focused, and secure.
Do you see yourself as truly passionate about the EV industry? Do you show affinity with renewable technologies and products? Then we might be looking for you! Our growth and success are driven by the passion and dedication of everyone here in the EVBox family.
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Ready to power our sustainable future? Hit apply!
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.