30+ days ago
Who we are
We believe in a future where daily transportation is emission-free and sustained by smart charging infrastructure. That's why we've made it our goal to accelerate the adoption of electric mobility by bringing the most accessible and scalable charging solutions to the world. However, the transition from gas to electric cars will change a great deal of what we know about transportation. We're going to need EV charging infrastructure that is accessible, reliable, and future-proof.
Do you see yourself as truly passionate about the EV industry? Do you show affinity with renewable technologies and products? Then we might be looking for you! Our growth and success are driven by the passion and dedication of everyone here in the EVBox family.
About the team
The diagnostics engineering team is a part of our technology department. We are responsible for providing 3rd line technical support, diagnosing and developing diagnostic applications and specifying product improvements related to all EVBox AC charging products hardware and firmware.
Who are we looking for:
We are looking for an engineer with knowledge in electronics, software and data analysis to join our Diagnostics Engineering team within the EVBox Technology department. You'll work on diagnosing failures and providing technical support to all EVBox products in hardware and firmware.
Role and responsibilities
- As a diagnostic engineer you will provide 3rd line technical support related to all EVBox products in hardware and firmware.
- Document and follow up with technical incidents including providing feedback to the relevant quality, support and development team(s).
- Perform deep analysis of (technical) inquiries and provide feedback on hardware and firmware development
- Write specifications to improve the products' quality and behavior.
- Create tools in the form of documentation, software or hardware to empower others to better troubleshoot and support our products
- Provide technical assistance and training to colleagues you are directly working with
- Support and guide external service partners
- Track tasks and follow up on tickets in the available ticketing system
- Get in direct contact with customers and provide most effective solutions to customer issues
- Minimum bachelor's degree in a technical field (electrical & electronic engineering, mechatronics engineering, or a related degree)
- Several years of work experience in development or technical support of electronic hardware and firmware
- Experience in EV industry, automotive or electrical industry is preferred
- Strong communication and articulation skills - being a professional presentation of EVBox to our customers. Ability to communicate with customers and partners in a clear manner
- Strong troubleshooting/analytical skills/experience with building diagnostic trees
- Experience in designing diagnostic trees or troubleshooting applications
- General understanding of written code (such as C, Python, HTML, JS, PHP, Java,....)
- Programming skills on Python and frontend are a plus
- Strong culture of sharing knowledge and being supportive through the whole team
- Knowledge and experience in electric vehicle charging standards such as OCPP, ISO15118 and IEC61851
Additional benefits we bring to the table
- Holiday Swap (2 days)
- Access to learning platforms and personal development budget
- Volunteer Day
- Work from anywhere for 2 weeks
- Work from home (even post-corona) + budget to set up your home office
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
EVBox does not accept resumes of candidates from agencies or other intermediaries. Any such profiles will be disregarded. In case EVBox concluded an employment agreement with any of those candidates, this shall not create any right for, and no fees are owed to the agency who submitted such a resume.
What it's like to work at Amsterdam
We work together to power our sustainable future. Here's what drives us:
- Our friendly, entrepreneurial, and collaborative work environment
- Working to help grow one of the key regions in Europe with your work
- Bringing new ideas that are always highly appreciated
- Interacting in an environment with colleagues from all over the world
- Working in a brand new office in Amsterdam West that meets all your needs (when not working from home)
Due to legal requirements you must have a valid work permit.
Your interviewing stages might look something like
- Your resume will be reviewed by our team.
- If your application is selected, you will first have an interview with a member of our recruitment team.
- Get ready to meet the hiring manager.
- Your final stage will be a reference check.
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Ready to power our sustainable future? Hit apply.
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.