Data Product Owner
30+ days ago
Data Product Owner
at EVBox (View all jobs)
We're EVBox. We believe in a future where daily transportation is emission-free and sustained by smart charging infrastructure. That's why we've made it our goal to accelerate the adoption of electric mobility by bringing the most accessible and scalable charging solutions to the world. However, the transition from gas to electric cars will change a great deal of what we know about transportation. We're going to need EV charging infrastructure that is accessible, reliable, and future-proof.
The growth and success of EVBox is driven by the passion and dedication of everyone in the company. Today, EVBox has grown into an international team across multiple offices in Europe and the United States with hundreds of driven professionals coming from different walks of life working for us. We're a fast-growing scale-up within the beating heart of the clean tech industry - will you join us?
The Core Applications Team:
The Core Applications Team within EVBox is the heart of our IT domain. SAP, Salesforce and our Data Apps make up our Core Applications and our Product Owners (POs) are the glue that hold them and departments together. Our POs are the coordinators of all application development and -maintenance within their product and work together with other stakeholders and dedicated scrum teams towards the goals defined by the product roadmap.
As a Product Owner based in the Amsterdam office you will be the single point of contact for our business departments and serve as the subject matter expert for the capabilities that our data products can offer to enable improved business insights and decision making. You will ensure that the Product Roadmap is continuously updated, and epics and user stories are prioritized and ready in time for the development teams to deliver on (we are working with the Agile methodology). You will work closely together with a BI Specialist (based in the Netherlands) and a remote external team - existing of 2 data engineers, 1 data architect and 4 data analysts -to deliver up to standard.
Together with the other PO's you will align on dependencies and contribute to improvements on our (agile) way of working. On the roadmap you will balance the need for new or improved business functionality and improvements needed for the run and compliance. As a PO you will also contribute to improving of data governance in EVBox in cooperation with the business process owners
For this position, we are looking for a dedicated PO for our Data services. Our main source systems SAP, Salesforce and Everon, but our Data Warehouse, based on Snowflake, will contain data from many different sources. Our main visualization tool is Tableau. You will be the key point of contact between business and the consultants, to translate requirements, functionalities and improvements to the Data consultants, who will be technically implementing these changes. You enjoy technical discussions with the team and are able to steer the architectural decisions in the team.
- Determine the acceptance criteria for new developments and monitor performance. You will assist in creating or improving our KPIs and performance
- Set up and keep the product backlog up to date. You do this via clarifying, improving and prioritizing user stories and epics
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement on delivery processes, stable run and compliance
- Align and engage with projects that might impact your area of responsibility
- Team and Stakeholder management
- Interact with (senior) stakeholders effectively, managing their expectations, proactively managing user and supplier communications and expectations to ensure business satisfaction
- Work with the Enterprise Architect on simplifying and improving the data platform
- Align with key users and other business stakeholders to ensure that the department is ready for the new functionality delivered.
- Verify with the other POs on dependencies and propose solutions or decisions to deal with these dependencies
We're looking for people who have/are:
- Experience with Product Ownership
- Strong stakeholder management experience
- Familiar with managing a Data team
- The ability to operate with independence and autonomy
- Enjoyment in diving deep to understand the stakeholders' needs with an ability of creating a Roadmap, epics and user stories
- Proficient with agile software development methodology
- Understanding of ETL, DWH, data modeling, data catalogue, data definitions and data visualization
- Experience in data governance
If you have any of these, even better
- Experience in Snowflake, Matillion and Tableau is a strong plus
- Experience in / knowledge of SAP and or Salesforce
- Experience in data quality improvement approaches
Here's what we'd like you to achieve in this role:
- Become a key driver in collaboration within EVBox
- Improve data driven mindset and decision making within EVBox
- You drive together with business the realization of business goals
We're not looking for you to tick all the boxes we listed above. What matters most is that we share the same values, passion and work ethic. Don't let the imposter syndrome get in the way of a great career move and apply—we'd love to hear from you.
At EVBox, we believe that when people feel valued and rewarded their potential is unlimited. We offer competitive salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. We promote within, offering learning and development opportunities, and we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- A very diverse workforce and an open culture
- Private pension contribution
- 25 vacation days
- Holiday Swap (2 days) - ability to swap out a public holiday for a paid vacation day
- Commuting allowance
- Up to 3 days remote working, including working from home allowance of EUR 2 net per day (in consultation with your manager)
- Budget of 600 Euro to set up your home office
- Ability to work remotely from anywhere outside of the Netherlands for 4 weeks
- Access to learning platforms and personal development budget
- Coming from abroad? No worries, we got you! We offer relocation assistance and sponsor visas
Are you passionate about the EV industry? Do you have an interest in renewable resources, new sustainable technologies, and clean future-proof products? Our growth and success are driven by the passion and dedication of everyone here at EVBox.
Across our 13 locations, more than 700 EVBoxers work together to provide electric vehicle charging solutions that help businesses move forward. Are you ready to join them? Hit apply.
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.