Category Manager, Electronic Contract Manufacturing
30+ days ago
EVBox is the leading global manufacturer of electric vehicle charging stations and charging management software. With over 300,000 charging points across more than 70 countries worldwide, we help electric drivers get access to charging infrastructure at any point in their journey.
Today, with many projects running across Europe, North America, South America, and Asia, we move forward by perfecting our original recipe with a next generation of hardware and software that is energy-efficient, future-proof and easy to use.
The growth and success of EVBox is driven by the passion and dedication of everyone in the company.
EVbox has grown into an international team across multiple offices in Europe and the United States. Today, over 600 driven professionals coming from different walks of life are working for EVBox. As a fast-growing scale-up within the beating heart of the clean tech industry.
About the role
We're looking for a Category Manager, Electronic Contract Manufacturing to join our professional team in Amsterdam. This is a key global role, where you will own the development and implementation of our global electronic contract manufacturing sourcing strategy. You will proactively reach out to create new partnerships with EMS providers to supply us with the physical parts that make up our next-generation charging stations. You are expected to run the negotiations, manage the contracts and maintain (the performance of) the partnership, keeping a view on risk management and spend control..
To be successful in this role you should be passionate about electronic contract manufacturing, building professional networks, negotiating, defining and executing sourcing strategies and managing internal and external stakeholders. Through building solid, reliable partnerships you enable our business to achieve its targets, grow and create an even greater positive impact on our planet.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Generate and implement effective sourcing and management strategies for outsourced contract manufacturers
- Manage existing portfolio to ensure high performance and transparency of spending
- Lead contract & price negotiations, supplier changes and geographical expansion of contract manufacturers
- Cooperate with internal and external stakeholders to guarantee agreement on terms and processes
- Analyse and calculate costs of procurement and suggest methods to decrease expenditure or optimize supply strategy
- Perform cost & scenario analysis including risk and geographical
About the team
You will join our procurement team which is responsible for handling the company's end-to-end sourcing operations. You will report into the Head of Sourcing and Procurement. We are a multinational team of specialists who are passionate about making a difference in the EV industry. We collaborate often with other departments such as Technology and Product Management.
What you'll bring to the team
- At least 5+ years of demonstrable work experience in sourcing electronic manufacturing (either within an electronic manufacturing company or as a client thereof)
- Comfortable in independently sourcing, negotiating contracts and managing partnerships with EMS providers
- Deep understanding of the electronic manufacturing services value chain
- Fluent in English
- Experience with SAP is a plus
- Experience in the technology, telecommunications, networked infrastructure, or electronics is a huge plus
- Ability to build, negotiate and sustain professional relationships
- Comfortable with figures and in collecting, analysing and interpreting data
- Able to prioritize and manage workload whilst keeping a critical view on how to meet company goals
Additional benefits we bring to the table
- Competitive salary
- Cooperating with colleagues in a brand new office in Amsterdam West
- Private pension contribution
- Discounted medical insurance
- Commuting allowance
- 25 vacation days
- Holiday Swap (2 days)
- Access to learning platforms and personal development budget
- Volunteer Day
- Coming from abroad? No worries, we got you! We offer relocation assistance and free Dutch lessons to help you settle in.
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
What it's like to work our Amsterdam office
We work together to power our sustainable future. Here's what drives us:
- Our friendly, entrepreneurial, and collaborative work environment
- Working to help grow one of the key regions in Europe with your work
- Bringing new ideas that are always highly appreciated
- Interacting in an environment with colleagues from all over the world
- Working in a brand new office in Amsterdam West that meets all your needs (when not working from home)
You must be eligible to work in the Netherlands.
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Ready to power our sustainable future? Hit apply.
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.