Business Analyst, Commercial
30+ days ago
Who we are:
EVBox is the leading global manufacturer of electric vehicle charging stations and charging management software. With an installed base of over 200,000 charging ports including 5000+ fast charging ports in 70+ countries, EVBox drives sustainable mobility, by bringing the leading electric vehicle charging solutions to the world. Just like the automobile replaced the horse and carriage, so will electric vehicles replace combustion-based automobiles. A charging port at every parking spot, an Electric Vehicle for every driver.
Description of the role:
Anticipating further growth and expansion, EVBox is looking for an energetic and talented Business Analyst to join its Business Finance team.
Key activities within the EVBox Business Finance team span three areas:
- Business Control: supporting business stakeholders as a finance business partner, reporting, analyzing and forecasting financial performance, setting up key processes.
- Financial Planning & Analysis: consolidating and analyzing group financials, supporting budgeting and financial planning, provide guidance to company management.
- Commercial & Business Intelligence: manage and enable company insights and benchmarks, perform market & competitor analyses, enable knowledge access.
In this role, you would collaborate closely with other commercial functions across Sales, Technology, Operations and Marketing & Strategy, as well as senior management such as the Chief Financial Officer and Chief Commercial Officer.
This is an exciting & intellectually stimulating role, with real opportunity to shape and realize the growth plans of an ambitious and progressive scale-up company.
The role is based in Amsterdam and reports to the Director of Commercial Finance and BI.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Provide key analysis to support commercial functions across Sales, Marketing & Strategy, Operations, Technology and Services & Support.
- Support the improvement of business processes and procedures to improve financial control and scalability across the organization.
- Support financial forecasting and budgeting processes, with a focus on revenue and gross margin across all.
- Support monthly management reporting, including the preparation of monthly financials and slide decks for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Support key commercial topics such as sales & operational planning, new deal / business case appraisal and pricing strategy.
- Organize and support business discussions on any improvements to financials, supporting processes, reports or communication.
- Support the development of commercial BI capabilities, including automated reporting and dashboards.
- Support the development of commercial intelligence capabilities, including competitor benchmarking, market analysis and tracking of key commercial developments.
Requirements & experience:
- Excellent academic profile, including a University Degree (Bachelor, Master, MBA)
- 2-4 years' experience in a relevant advisory or corporate role (see below).
- Advisory Roles: Ideally transaction advisory services or management consultancy.
- Corporate Roles: Ideally commercial finance or FP&A in a similar industry.
- Excellent commerciality, business acumen and ability to 'see the big picture'.
- Expertise in financial accounting, ideally demonstrated by an accounting qualification.
- Strong financial modelling skills, affinity for numbers and analytical mind-set.
- Expert level in Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluency in English.
- Natural ability to build strong relationships and collaborate with others.
- Driven and ambitious character, with a desire to learn and go the extra mile.
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.