30+ days ago
We're looking for a Bid Manager to join our team in Amsterdam.
To be successful in this role, you should be passionate about planning, strategizing, and leading exciting, deadline-driven projects across diverse global teams and – most importantly – winning deals! You will use your commercial savvy, attention to detail, dynamic communication skills, and your proposal management expertise to assemble effective bid teams, manage complex deliverables, and create compelling, customer-focused propositions.
You will also bring your experience and vision to help make the Bid Center a true Center of Excellence. You will collaborate with other Bid Managers to design and execute process, tooling, and content projects to hone our effectiveness as a team and equip our internal customers with exceptional resources, training, templates, and boilerplate. You will work with a wide range of internal stakeholders and subject matter experts that span the business to continuously improve the stories we tell and the way we tell them, and you'll help manage and expand our RFPio content management system.
Want to help create a sustainable future of transportation that's better for everyone? If yes, then take a look at what your role with us will entail.
We empower forward-thinking businesses to build a sustainable future by providing flexible and scalable electric vehicle charging solutions. As charging needs evolve, you'll be helping us to provide the infrastructure and expertise needed to make electric mobility the norm around the world.
Get to know the team
As a Bid Manager based in Amsterdam, you will be a part of the Bid Center, the growing team responsible to power the growth of the EVBox Group with high-quality strategic bid management and customer-focused storytelling services.
What you'll be doing
You will collaborate with sales and leadership teams to evaluate, qualify, and respond to customer bids and tenders primarily in the EMEA market with some opportunities for working on North American and developing market deals. You will use bid management best practices to analyze customer procurement documents (RFPs, ITTs, etc.), prepare strategic response plans, develop win strategies, engage appropriate resources, allocate tasks, and drive bid teams to the successful submission of complete, compelling, and competitive tenders. Aside from bids, you will also work on projects to improve the overall quality of the services and resources offered by the Bid Center.
You will work from our office in Amsterdam.
Your main responsibilities will include, but aren't limited to:
- Lead diverse virtual bid teams consisting of sales, solution engineering, subject matter experts, legal, finance, and leadership stakeholders in end-to-end bid management
- Ensure each bid achieves a high standard of writing quality, completeness, visual interest, and storytelling
- Identify, track, and resolve complex technical, strategic and commercial risks
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop a win strategy and storyboard the written proposal to include key win themes
- Practice continuous improvement, including capturing and tracking lessons learned
- Maintain the completeness, accuracy, and effectiveness of the content, templates, Q&As, and FAQs in our RFPio database
- Capture and revise content from high-quality bids for reuse, including executive summaries, boilerplate, cover letters, informal proposals, and presentation materials
- Plan and conduct content projects, including creating outlines, conducting subject matter expert interviews, and copywriting/editing
Teambuilding & Collaboration
- Back up fellow bid managers, share best practices, and support bid coordinators in developing bid management and writing skills
- Identify areas for improvement in bid center or sales processes, training, tooling, resources, or practices, and execute subsequent improvement projects
- Support sales team members with ad hoc and prescriptive bid support, including offering strategic guidance, review time, or writing support for smaller deals
What you'll bring to the team:
Technical Skills/ Hard Skills
- Language skills: native/fluent English
- Project and/or bid management qualification (PMP or APMP Foundation or similar)
- Bachelor's or master's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or equivalent professional experience demonstrating exceptional writing skills
- MS Office, Google Workspace, and other collaborative tools
We want you to demonstrate
- Cool and collected under pressure
- Comfortable in fast-paced, scale-up environment
- High attention to detail
- Confident lateral, upward, and downward communication skills
- Strong grounding in commercial principles and risk management
If you have any of these, even better
- Experience or demonstrated interest in e-mobility, renewable energy, or other sustainable industries
- European languages: Dutch, German, Spanish, Nordic languages
- Adobe InDesign or Photoshop skills
Additional benefits we bring to the table
- Holiday Swap (2 days)
- Access to learning platforms and personal development budget
- Volunteer Day
- Work from anywhere for 2 weeks
- Work from home (even post-corona) + budget to set up your home office
EVBox will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox processes your personal data.